The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter 37

'We got married when we were eighteen, Claire', he was watching me closely, gauging my reaction. I kept my silence for I want to listen every words he says. Though some of them might cause my heart to break but my love for him is more important than that.

He took a deep breath and hugged me tighter.

'Her mother just died of cancer. Then after a month, her dad married his mistress. Jenna became rebellious. She did drugs and some other stuff. I tried to stop her but she won't let me. I didn't want to see my friend going thru the same thing my mother did Clarissa. I just can't'. He took a deep breath.

'I married her for she got pregnant with a guy she was secretly dating at school. He dumped her though for he said she wasn't good enough for him. He didn't believe he's the one who got her pregnant and that was the worst blow. She tried to kill herself. She knew her father will disinherit her. When I found out about it, I got furious and I almost broke his skull but she was able to stop me'.

'We drove around town and then I had this crazy idea to act as the father of her kid so we went to Vegas the next day and got married there. But after three months, she had an abortion. She wanted that baby so much Clarissa but it wasn't meant for her. She went into severe mental depression. I was with her, I was the one who consoled her. But there wasn't love involved Claire, she is just a friend'.

'After two years, she fell in love with Lloyd. We never thought about getting a divorce, actually we forgot we were still married until the day he proposed to her', he gave me a small smile.

'But I knew you were in love with him and it kills me to know that someone's heart is breaking while both of them are happy. I know because I always asked Marc about you, he knows I'm crazy over you', he gave me a boyish grin. 'I tried to find you. You were always in my mind Clarissa, from the moment I first saw you, I wanted you to be mine but you were so young back then so I kept my distance'.

My tears started to form. I never thought how special and honorable he is.

'Then I saw you at the wedding and I knew that you were devastated. I wanted to go to you but I don't know how to approach you. Then I saw you dancing wildly, and I was like, this isn't her. I thought you changed. I thought you're not the lady I thought you were', then he chuckled.

'You thought I'm a party girl, too?', I smiled.

'Yes. You and that sexy butt of yours made me mad with desire. So you knew what happened. I'm sorry baby, I was rude to you that day', he caressed my face and kissed my lips.

'It's okay. I understand you now. I'm sorry I slapped you'.

'It was my fault', he smiled.

'It was never my intention to hurt you Clarissa. No one knew about our secret marriage except you. Lloyd doesn't even know about it, too'.

'But why are they divorcing?! I thought that's their reason?'

He frowned. 'No it's not baby. Lloyd and Jenna are having financial issues. I can't tell you the details, I'm sorry. I don't want to speak anything bad against Lloyd. He's a good friend of mine too'.

I pouted. 'Okay'

'Hey! I miss that'

'Miss what?'

'Your pout', he kissed my pouting lips.

'Baby?', I whispered against his lips.

'Hmm..?'

'You forgot you're not allowed to kiss me yet for I'm sick'

'Baby?'

'Yes?'

'I don't care', he teased.

'But--'

'In sickness and in health. That's one of our vows once we're married. So why not start now?', he grinned.

'Okay. You wanna make love too?', I asked excitedly.

'What do you think?'

I reached over and touched him thru his jeans.

'Oh yeah!'

'Feel that?'

'Uhuh. The evidence is in my hand. Baby, why is it so big?', I giggled.

'Asked my mother', he started kissing my neck.

'Your mother hates me'.

'What do you mean?', he looked and frowned at me.

'Nevermind. Make love to me now'

'Hey! Don't change the subject!'

'Oh, fuck your mother!', I laughed. So carefree and happy.

'No, I'd rather fuck you', he groaned.

And he did.