The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

Sitting infront of my students, looking outside the window while they were busy practicing for their upcoming play, I recalled what happened back in Santa Fe.

Did I make the right decision?
I sighed.
I glanced at my empty left ring finger. He means more to me than my life but thinking of the way things were running fast between us, I can't help but feel some resemblance of fear.
I wish I could took those words again but in my heart I knew I did something right, this time.

***

He swallowed for I didn't say anything. People were gathering around us and most of them were smiling.
Some of them were clapping their hands and cheering.
All of them were saying the same thing.

'Say yes'

'Oh, isn't this romantic?'

'Lucky girl!'

'He's so handsome, so handsome...'

I stood there looking at him awkwardly. Oh my God! What will I say?
A minute passed by and still he was down on his knees infront of me, looking resigned.
Then I felt my tears falling.
I'm so overwhelmed, I sobbed.

He stood up, gathered me in his arms and consoled me.

'I'm sorry. It's okay for you to say no Claire. I'll accept that'.

'Yes', I said, just above a whisper.

'What?!', he pushed me a bit farther from him, his hands firmly gripped against my arms and looked at me with his lovely eyes so wide it was kinda funny.

'Yes! Yes! Yes!', I shouted at him with a laughed.

I hugged his neck so tight, he must be nearly choking while the crowd applauded.
It was the best moment of our lives. I saw happy tears gathering at the back of his eyes.
Alex? Crying? No way!

He kissed my lips softly and whispered.
'Thank you for making me whole again, Clarissa'.

***

'Miss Thomas?', Timothy, one of my male student called.
That made my mind stopped wandering.

'Yes?', I cleared my throat.

'Can you please help us with these? We don't know which color is more suitable for the boys'.

I stood up and went to them.
We spoke about the costumes they prepared for the play. I'm so proud to have smart students. I knew they will become great citizens of this country someday.

Alex's face kept popping into my head but I was on work mode now. I smiled to myself.
Even here, he's bothering me at work. He's been bothering my life since I slapped him that night.

***

'They obviously adore you', we were buying groceries for he wanted me to cook dinner for him in my apartment.

We ate half burned food that day for breakfast at Santa Fe.
Well, you know why? I hope this time we wouldn't get distracted.

It feels good being with him today, showing him off.
If you're me, you would do the same. He was still wearing his business suit, looking suave and macho with a pushcart on hand and I find that cute.

'My students?', I raised my brows at him.

He nodded.

'I love them. Though some can be very stubborn', I answered with a smile.

'I bet those boys have a crush on you, too'

'You have a very beautiful girlfriend--'

'Fiancé', he cleared his throat then frowned.