The One For Him ~ Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26

It was the best vacation ever. We leisured ourselves visiting some historical sites and tourist spots around. We devoured all of the mexican delicacies we can find. Diet was the last thing on my mind. He teased me I was gaining weight but he said the heavier the better. deeper penetration when I'm on top. My naughty man. Then we went snorkling, scuba diving, paragliding and even swam with sharks. It was terrifying. I felt the adrenaline moving thru my veins but being with him I felt safe. He was my divine being, the man I love.

We had so much fun, but the part I love the most was when we were cuddly sitting at the shore watching the sunset. Me sitting infront and leaning against his chest. There were few people around doing the same thing we were doing. It was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen and being there alone with him, in a tranquil and romantic mood, life can't get so much better than this.

'Have you ever seen such a more lovely sight than that?', I sighed. Referring about the sunset.

'Yes'

'Really?'

'I'm holding her now'

I turned and smiled. Gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

'Thank you'

'You're most welcome', he grinned.

I snuggled closer to him and look at the sunset again.

He took a deep nervous breath then slowly disengaged his arms from me and stood up. I looked up at him frowning. He reached for my hands ansd assisted me to stand up.

'We're leaving?', I frowned. Slightly disappointed. I still wanted to stay and gaze at the sunset.

'No', he looked pale. He wetted his lips with his tongue.

I frowned.

'Baby, aren't you feeling well?', I touched his temple to wipe the sweat off and to feel if he was running a fever.

He took both my hands and I felt them sweating too.

'You are sick! Come, let's hurry-',

'No, no, no. Stay baby please', his grip became firm and I was pulled towards him again.

I shook my head at him.

'Alex--'

'Clarissa, there is something I was longing to ask you for a long time now', he looked at me intently with those gorgeous hazel eyes.

I caught my breath, he was starting to make me nervous too but aside from that his silhoutte by the sunset was mesmerizing. Here, standing before me was the most beautiful site I too have laid eyes on.

He took both my hands and kissed my knuckles softly. My heart was beating loudly. He whispered something against them but I wasn't able to hear him well, my blood was flowing faster. Without removing his gaze from me, he slowly went down on one knee and took a parcel from his pocket.
In it was a little heart shaped blue velvet box.

I swallowed.
It can't be? Can it be?
My eyes went huge.
He slowly opened the box and inside was a big pear shaped nicely cut diamond, platinum ring.

'Clarissa Rebecca Thomas. Claire. Will you marry me?'