The One For Him ~ Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Santa Fe, Mexico City. Filled with traditional and cultural diversities. I took a cab to take me from the airport to that said beach resort. I wore a white sleeveless blouseand a black shorts with pink flipflops. My sunglasses was almost covering my entire face but I didn't mind. The sun was so hot, I'm glad a bought a plastic hello kitty fan from a vendor while waiting for a ride.

It took me almost fifty minutes to go there and I hope the driver will accept dollars if ever I lacked mexican cash.

Inside the cab, I started to pray. Please God let me see him. It's been almost five days since I saw him. Before I left, I was able to got hold of Marc. We spoke over dinner with Tara along.

'So it's you and him now?', Marc asked, grinning.

I nodded.

'Wow Claire! I never thought you liked him?! You slapped the guy the first time you've met?!', Tara asked surprisingly. Obviously she was having a hard time accepting my story.

I blushed. Speechless.

'Actually, that wasn't the first time you've met', Marc revealed.

'It wasn't?!', Tara and I were both looking at him now.

'Yes. Do you remember during our high school graduation party? There was a brawl outside that Lloyd and I were involved?' I nodded. 'You started shouting for help for we were outnumbered then someone from the crowd went over and helped us out till all of those bad guys passed out? It was him Claire. He helped us and he saw you that night'.

'But I didn't recognized him', I said, incredulous.

'He's still got long hair. He was one of our judo athletes at school and during those times he was a gangster while Lloyd and I were of a nerdy bunch', he grinned. He wasn't actually a nerd that time, only semi for he was busy playing with girls too, without Tara's knowledge. 'You were so busy crying over Lloyd's wounds that you didn't even thanked him', he became serious now. I was Lloyd's 'friendly' date that night.

'I didn't know', I said in a faint voice.

'He asked Lloyd about you Claire but Lloyd thinking that he wasn't good enough for you told him you were his girlfriend so he backed off. I didn't know about that, only recently when I met him in Mexico. That's the time Alex told me what happened between you two', he looked at me pointedly. Oh my! He knows. I blushed.

'He was drunk Claire, I'm sorry', he apologized, I nodded. Tara was looking back and forth to us. She doesn't have any idea what we were talking about.

'So okay. That's done. Why was Lloyd fired?', Tara asked, brows arched. Obviously Marc didn't tell her anything yet.

'It's his fault', Marc said in a grim face. 'He's gone beserk during the director's meeting and called them names, even hit one on the face. He wasn't able to seal the deal with the Gonzales for he was always absent since he came home from his travels so the board requested to asked someone other than him to do the job. You know Lloyd and his pride. He's lucky though for Alex took him back', he said admiringly.

Tara and I were quiet. All of us thinking of the same thing. My Alex is so amazing. My heart swelled, and I miss him more.

***

'Buenas dias, señorita', the male hotel receptionist greeted me. I smiled at him. I can smell the sea breeze. I closed my eyes and savor it.

'I would like a room please'

'Okay. Can I have a valid I.D.?'

I took out my I.D. and my credit card. He did the transaction. Then glanced at me.

'Miss Clarissa Rebecca Thomas?', he inquired. I nodded.

'Your reserved room is already fully paid', he grinned.

'What?'

'Here's your credit card and I.D.'s. Will you please wait over there señorita? I'll just buzz someone to take care of your luggages', he said. Dismissing me.

I was puzzled. Who paid for me? Alex? Then a thought came into my mind. Oooh, Marc! He ruined it! Now this wasn't a surprise anymore.