The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter 32

'Do you love me, Alex?', he was busy reading some confidential letters when I asked him that. We were in his office, at Carter's Inc. building, 60th floor. He glanced my way, slightly frowning.

I looked at him levelly, so serious.

He sighed and put down the papers slowly at his desk. I was sitting in the blue leathered sofa, a cup of tea with milk and 3 pieces of chocolate cookies infront of me on the small table, 8 meters away from him. That's how massive his office was. I have to speak louder just so he can hear me.

'Yes Miss Clarissa Rebecca Thomas, I do. What's wrong babe?', a look of concern in his handsome face.

I pouted. Will I ask him about Jenna? Is this the right time? He looks busy though?

'I can see from the way you're pouting and frowning, it seems kinda important', he smiled at me. He really knew when I'm troubled.

I nodded slowly.

'There is something I wanted to ask you. I just don't know how you might react to it'.

He was quiet for a moment. A troubled look crossed his face now. Then he said,

'You're not thinking of breaking up with me, are you?'

'What?! Oh my God baby. No!', I cried.

He was looking like a lost boy when he said that. His cheerful eyes became doubtful too. I got up and went to him immediately. I stood beside his big swivel chair and pulled him to face me. I slowly clasped both of his face in my hands, leaned down and kissed him gently on the lips.

'Baby it's not that. Please don't say that', we were staring at each other. Oh, I'm so stupid! Me and my crazy thoughts!

'I love you Clarissa. Please don't leave me', he whispered against my lips.

'I won't baby. I love you too.'. I took a deep breath. 'I just want to know about you and Jenna'.

'Jenna?' He frowned. 'What about her?'

'What was your relationship with her?'

He let go a deep, relief breath. 'Baby I told you we're friends. Childhood friends remember? Her family and mine knew each other well'.

'She wasn't your girlfriend before, was she?' The last two words came out as a choking sound.

He gazed at me with those gentle eyes.

His eyes looked at me pleadingly. 'Babe, will it make a difference if she was?', he said in an even tone.

I took a quick inhaled breath. Ouch! It's true then. She was his ex!

I bit my lower lip and it started to quiver. I covered my mouth and a tear fell instantly. I started crying. That was such a huge revelation that I didn't expect to learn. My biggest fear is true.

'Oh Claire!', he pulled me towards his arms and sat me infront of him. He hugged me so tight while my body was wrecking sobs.

'I'm sorry baby. I didn't tell you for it was in the past anyway. I didn't know it was that important to you', he was rubbing my back, consoling me.

'I don't know why I'm crying', I hid my face against his shoulder. I felt shy.

He grinned. 'I do. I think you're crying for you thought I'm still with her. Right?'

I nodded. Hesitantly.

'Silly', he reprimanded me.

'I'm sorry I'm a ninny'.

'It's okay'.

The room became quiet. He sat there cradling my in his arms. Both listening to each other's heartbeat.

'You're crying for she was the one who got between you and Lloyd', he whispered. 'And now you're thinking there's a possibility I might go back to her for they are getting a divorce', I nodded again.

'Babe, when I met you and made you mine, I never looked at other women with lust again. She wasn't the only woman in my past. Yes it's true. They were so many. Most of them, I had slept with. Few, I had a serious relationships with. Others were just one-night stands. There were too many of them, I don't remember their names anymore. Yes, I was a bad boy. A wild one. But you see, no one compares to you Clarissa. You're one of a kind for you changed me'.

My heart made the happy toe tip tapping dance. Oh my, his words are making me fall in love with him over and over again.

'You lusted after me?', I asked in a small voice.

'Yup. I still do.'

'Was it hard?'

'It is now', he laughed his head off.

I wiggled my hips. He stopped laughing automatically and gripped my hips. Oh my! I giggled.

'Mmm... Baby stop that. You'll distract me'

'I love distracting you', I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled too. Then hold my face on both hands, wiped my tears with his thumbs and kissed me passionately.

'You're the only one Clarissa and I never go back on my words. Once I decided to make you mine, I did everything in my power to pursue you. You're different from all those women'.

'I'm prettier?'

'Very beautiful'

'I'm sexier?'

'More gorgeous'

'I'm great?'

'Amazing. Wonderful. Extraordinaire'.

'I'm kind, trustworthy, clean?', I grin widely. He nodded then stared at me for a long time. Those hazel eyes made me breathless. Then he kissed my lips torridly. Tongues sucking. When he let go, breathing heavily, he whispered against my mouth.

'I love you Claire coz you're you'.