Chapter 75

Skye's POV:

"Ed?", I said softly. He'd finally let go of my hand, he was holding onto it so tight I'm pretty sure the blood had stopped flowing to it. "I haven't seen you angry before", I whispered, but he still ignored me. "I brought our Nandos? It's probably still warm?", I said and the corner of his mouth ever so slightly moved into a tiny smile. "Come here", he patted the bed and I sat next to him. "I'm scared Skye, I think I'm putting you in danger". I looked at him, searching for an answer in his eyes, but I couldn't see anything. He just looked hurt, lost and his eyes were red with the tears he had been crying. "I don't care Ed, I love you".

He nodded, slowly moving his hand towards my face to brush a piece of hair away from my eyes. "I love you too, but.. I'm scared someone else will hurt you, what will get into the newspapers..". I jerked away from him, making him jump. "No Ed! It doesn't matter what happens, I need you and you need me and I know it!". His arms wrapped around me tightly and I let him, but didn't bother to hug him back. He laid back, pulling me on top of him so I could lay on his chest. I could hear him softly crying but I decided to just stay quiet. After an hour or so I think I finally fell asleep, with Ed still quietly sobbing.

I stretched my arm out to grab Ed when I finally woke, but he wasn't there. My eyes sprang open and the first thing I saw was rose petals scattered over the bed and a trail of them leading out of the room. I crawled out of bed and followed them all the way to the front door. On it was a sticky note reading, 'I'll be back in 5'. So I smiled and curled up on the sofa waiting for Ed to arrive back.

40 minutes later he still wasn't back. He must be held up, but he never usually was late, I'd never known him to be even a minute late for as long as I'd known him.

I was still curled up on the sofa after 5 and a half hours had gone by. He'd be back, he wouldn't leave like this.. He didn't even say goodbye..