Chapter 45

Skye's POV:

[just under 3 weeks later]

Today was the day. Today was the day I was going to see Ed again, finally. I was literally dying to see him.

He text me as soon as I woke up, "See you soon beautiful xxxxx" I smiled and pulled myself out of bed, pulling on some comfy clothes and getting my bag to take downstairs. I can't even remember when was the last time I went on holiday, and I didn't really like flying. I wish Ed was here to comfort me. I got a taxi and it took me to the airport. After what seemed like hours of queuing and waiting, I finally boarded the plane. "See you soon Ed.." I whispered quietly under my breath.

After we landed I think I must have been the first one off. I waited, very impatiently, for my luggage to come around on the conveyer belts, as soon as I saw it I grabbed it and quickly walked over to the exit of the airport. I looked around for Ed but I couldn't see him. I was just about to start panicking but then I saw a streak of orange, of course, Ed's hair. I admired him from a distance, he was looking up at the plane times, completely oblivious to me standing there looking at him from this distance. He was wearing some cropped trousers and a red tshirt, looking very relaxed. "Ed!" I shouted, not wanting to wait anymore to touch him. He spun around and caught my eye. His smile grew into a huge grin and ran towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me so tight. "Skye, you have no idea how much I've missed you, it's been a living hell.." he mumbled in between kissing me. I rested a hand on his cheek, remembering how amazing it was to just touch him. He had grown some stubble, so his kisses were rougher, but it was kinda cute. "How are you, were you ok on your own?" he questioned me, not taking his eyes off mine for a single second. "Just a bit lonely", I said smiling up at him. He picked up my bag and took my hand with his spare hand.

"The hotel has a king size bed, its wicked, well, it will be once there's me and you in it.. It kinda sucked being the only one in a double bed". He laughed, sounding embarrassed as his cheeks turned bright red. "It sounds lovely", I said, squeezing his hand. He looked down at me and grinned, "Let's go then!".