Chapter 66

Ed's POV:

I turned up at the venue and fans were crowing the back door. I automatically scanned the crowd for Skye but she wasn't there. I assumed she was inside. "ED!", one of them screamed, making me jump. They ran over to me, holding out their posters for me to sign. I signed every single one, very conscious of the time. I still hadn't sound checked. "I gotta soundcheck, thanks for coming back here!", I finally said after every fan was met and satisfied with the pictures and signatures. I quickly slipped in the doors before they could even say goodbye and found Skye playing with my Lego in my dressing room. It was kinda cute, she'd built a little house and I could hear her softly singing Lego House under her breath.

"I'll leave you to it yeah? Oh and before I go..", I said, making her jump, "..we're going home tomorrow!". She grinned widely and got up to hug me. I could tell she was missing home and probably, like me, just having a bit of 'us' time. "I'll be back alright?", I said, leaving her so I could quickly do my soundcheck. I didn't really want to sing Gold Rush anymore. It wasn't a happy sort of song like it used to be. I decided on Give me Love, Drunk, The A Team, Kiss Me, YNMIDNY, The Parting Glass, Wayfaring Stranger and Miss You. It was a bit of a mix up from my usual set but I liked it. I ran through a few of them and then quickly made it back to Skye who stood up as she saw me.

"Do you.. wanna watch something? I have a DVD player?", I said, jumping on the sofa and laying down, pulling her over to lay on me. "Shrek?", I asked, making her laugh, "Yeah alright". We watched the whole film and just as it finished, one of the soundcheck guys walked in on us kissing. "Uh.. Ed you're on in 5", he awkwardly said making me laugh loudly as Skye quickly stood up. "Good luck, not that you'll need it", Skye said, making me smile. "I love you", I whispered kissing her cheek then grabbing my guitar and walking on stage. "Hello my name's Ed Sheeran and for the next hour and a half, my job is to entertain you, and your job is to be entertained!".