Chapter 42

Ed's POV:

After we both got dressed we walked over to Skye's flat hand in hand. I was so excited for her to move in. Yeah sure, she was always at my place anyway, but the feeling was special. We got into her flat and I helped her pack. All her belongings fit into one suitcase and a small handbag. "What shall we do with all the furniture?" I said, not wanting her to leave anything behind she wanted. She shrugged, "I don't need it. I can't really bring my bed.. Looks like I'm using yours.." I laughed, picking up both of her bags. "How tragic.." I rolled my eyes at her and she laughed, closing the door to her flat for the very last time.

We walked back over to my place in silence nearly the whole way. Something was hanging there, there was major tension, most probably because of the fact I told her about the tour. Skye asked a question which broke the awkwardness just as we were entering my flat, but I wish she didn't. "When are you leaving Ed?".

Stuart texted me all the details this morning as I woke up. I wasn't really sure how she'd take it, but it said it anyway. "2 days Skye.. I'm off to Germany then France, then over to Indonesia then you can come and join me in the US yeah?" her face dropped slightly. "2 days?" I nodded, putting down her bags on the floor. "How long till you get to America?" she said quietly, avoiding my eye contact. "3 weeks" I managed to say. My voice was all croaky and my throat was dry. The pain in her face made my eyes sting with tears. "Skye I'm sorry, I wish you could come, I really do I-" she shook her head so I stopped mid-sentence. "What is it?", she forced a smile. "Music first remember?" her arms wrapped around my waist and I held her tightly against me. I was going to miss her so much. She cared for me more than she cared for her self, and she loved me, and I loved her, but yet my career was spreading us apart but still she said she was fine. "Let's stop being soppy and enjoy these two days together alright?" she laughed at me and leaned up on tiptoes to kiss my cheek.

"Lunch?" I grinned at her, trying to lighten our spirits. "Yeah sure!" she smiled back and I picked her up and span her around making her laugh. I carried her into the kitchen and sat her on the counter while I got out some food. "I love you" she said quietly when I turned around to face her. "I love you too" I whispered back, as I was inches away from her face and softly gave her a peck on the lips. And I always would love her, even if we had to spend months and months apart.