Chapter 35

Skye's POV:

I walked off and went into the sort of relaxing area. It was a bit like a lounge, had sofas, a coffee table and the only thing that was different was the bar along the back wall. I sat down and noticed Stuart walk in the room, avoiding my eye contact. "I'm not a baby Stuart. I don't care if Ed wants me being looked after. Just get pissed or something". He smiled at me and sat on the opposite sofa. "He loves you, you know", he said completed ignoring what I just said. "He never shuts up about you, well, he never used to shut up.. But now you're constantly together so, he doesn't really need to talk". He drank out of his glass, still avoiding my eye contact. "Why me?" I said, finally catching his eye. He smiled, slightly showing his teeth. "You're something special Skye, I don't know what it is. He's writing his best music yet, you inspire him to write all this stuff..". He takes a drink again, obviously struggling with this 'loving' talk. I had never really seen Stuart this nice. I guess most people have a bad first judgement of him, he's got a bit of a sour temper but, he is really a lovely person if you dig down deep enough.

He shrugged slightly, slamming down his empty glass a bit too forcefully on the table. "How's your arm?" he said quietly, looking at my hoodie where it was slightly bulged out due to the thickness of the bandage. This time I shrugged. "I guess it's ok. It could be worse..". He nodded. "Have you seen the girl who did it? Recently I mean?" he said even quieter, finding it a hard topic to talk about. I shook my head. Thinking about her made my skin crawl. "Probably for the best ey?", he chucked softly but my expression didn't change, "Ed saved my life". Stuart's smile dropped, "You were brave Skye, he just called the ambulance", I looked at him, not really knowing what to say. "I'm going to go watch the rest of Ed's set, I'll.. See you around". I forced a smile, heading for the door, "Oh Stuart?" I said quickly turning around. He looked up, "Ed's lucky to have such a good manager". I grinned and walked off towards the wings of the stage so I could watch Ed perform perfectly once again.