Chapter 58

Ed's POV:

I didn't really think I'd be recognised over here, but I was obviously wrong. There was at least a dozen people shoving their microphones in my face.

"How life Mr Sheeran?"

"Ed! What's the US like!"

"Who's your lady friend!?"

"She's the girl who cuts!"

I gripped Skye's hand tighter and tried to pull her away but we were literally surrounded. "Move please", I finally said to one of them. I try to keep my temper calm, I know they're only doing their job but, they could at least be a bit more nice about it.

"Skye! Skye! Tell us about Ed!"

Someone called out. I looked down at Skye but she said nothing. I pushed my way through everyone and me and Skye quickly walked down the pavement. I could hear the clicking of the cameras behind us as we walked faster. "I'm so sorry Skye..", I said, trying to catch her eye. She just shrugged but didn't look at me, "It wasn't your fault". She seemed annoyed and I felt like I was to blame. I only wanted her to be happy, but the public, especially the media, really got to her.

We got back to the hotel and both sat down on the sofa in our room. She turned to look at me and sighed. "Ed I.. I really love you..", she started to say, "but?", I quickly said, interrupting her sentence. She ignored me. "..but, I'm really finding this hard". I knew it was coming I guess. If I was in her shoes I couldn't take it, no way. "Everyone thinks I'm something that I'm not. No one would have found out if I wasn't with.. You". These words hit me like a punch in the stomach. "Skye.. I- it's, I, I love you!", I said, going to wrap my arms around her. She just moved back, out of my reach, shaking her head. "..and I love you too but, I really don't know anymore Ed". She looked hurt in the face and I just wanted to hug her but she wouldn't let me. I could tell she was holding the tears back too. "We'll be alright, I promise Skye", I whispered quietly, taking both her hands in mine. This set her off as she burst into tears and I quickly pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her and letting her sob into my chest for a while. I felt so awful, I felt as if it was my fault. "Sorry..", she mumbled, making me chuckle slightly. "For what?", I asked. "Your shirts all wet". I laughed and I heard a faint giggle escape from Skye's lips, making me smile widely.

I picked her up and carried her over to the bed. I undressed her and undressed myself all in silence and laid down in bed with Skye in my arms. We laid there in silence for hours before we finally fell asleep. Her naked body was curled up on mine and it made me happy to see she was smiling in her sleep. I just wished she was smiling when she was awake. Was she even happy with me? I really didn't know anymore..