Chapter 21

Skye's POV:

It's weird how Ed can cheer me up, no matter what has happened. I looked up at his eyes as one arm tightened around my waist while the other brushed the hair from my face. "I just wanna know how she kne-" I tried to finish but Ed's finger was pressed to my lips. "Shhh, don't think about her" he said, trying to comfort me, but it was easier said then done. The question was just playing over and over again inside my head, how did she know?

"Can I ask you something Skye?" Ed says as his finger moves from my lips and back to brushing through my hair. "Sure, anything" I said quietly. "Why do you never mention your parents?" he says, slightly stumbling on his words, which showed he was slightly nervous about asking me. I took a deep breath and sighed. "My dad left when I was little, I don't remember him. My mum, well. She left me to deal with the world at 16, she just got up and left, but I don't really need them.." I looked down, avoiding eye contact with him. "..because you got me" Ed said, as if he was finishing my sentence. I could feel my face reddening. "Do you wanna get changed or something, uhh, you don't really wanna sleep in your jeans.." he quickly said, as if he was trying to change the subject. I slid out of bed and grabbed some night shorts and a tshirt.

I walked into the bathroom and frowned at my reflection. My eyes were puffy and red from all the crying, but there wasn't really anything I could do to get rid of them. I pulled on my pyjamas and walked out to find Ed laying there in just his boxers. I don't really think I could sleep in this state, so I grabbed a bottle of vodka and two shot glasses from the kitchen. "I need it", I said handing Ed a glass and pouring him some before I pour my own. We both down it in one, and before I know it, I think we may have had maybe 6 or 7 straight shots of vodka. I couldn't really remember, it seemed a while ago. I poured myself another and offered it to Ed. He shook his head. "Better not" he said, I just laughed. "Lightweight" I said, shoving him softly. He had the same amount of drinks as me, and was still sober. "You're sober" I said, slurring on my words slightly. "Someone's gotta look after you" he said, laughing. I mumbled something even I couldn't understand and kissed him hard on the lips, still mumbling as my hands make their way down his chest.