Chapter 44

Ed's POV:

"Ed come on mate, cheer up, it's not like your never gunna see her again?" Stuart said as we finally got off the plane, pushing me jokingly, I shrugged him off and just sighed. "I miss her Stu.. It's weird not having someone to hold.." Stuart smirked and grabbed hold of me, making me drop all of my luggage. "Stuart what the fuck!" I shouted, everyone turned to look. "Hold me Ed, I've got no one to hold!" I laughed loudly, hugging him back. Stuart never failed to make me laugh, whatever mood I was in. That's why he was good at his job.

I picked my luggage back up from the floor, then me and Stuart made our way through the airport. We got a taxi to the hotel and Stuart paid for it, which was quite a rarity because I don't think he's ever paid for my taxi ever, at least when I've had money in my pocket anyway.

We got to the hotel and I collected my room key. "Meeting up with some of the team for a beer, fancy it?" Stuart said, grabbing his key off the desk. I shook my head, "Better unpack, write some new songs..", Stuart smirked. "I get it, alright, just be up by 8:00, we got a radio interview yeah?" I nodded and carried my luggage up the stairs, unlocked the door and threw it all on the floor. I opened the mini fridge and pulled out a beer, drinking half of it down in one. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled Skye's number.

"Skye.. I miss you so much, I-" I said as soon as she picked up. I heard her laugh down the phone which brought an instant smile to my face. "Ed just enjoy yourself yeah? Try not to miss me too much.." she said softly down the phone, her voice comforted me, it made me instantly happy to know she was safe. "I'm trying Skye.. I really am. Stuart probably thinks I'm pathetic, it's only been a few hours, I really don't think I can do it". I stopped speaking when I realised how stupid I sounded, I sounded so desperate. "I know", she said back. It wasn't really what I was expecting, maybe a laugh or something. But she did feel the same way. "Don't waste all your money on phone calls Ed, I love you",

"Alright, I'll call you soon, I love you more.." I said hesitantly, not wanting her to stop talking.

"I love you most.." she whispered before hanging up.

I grabbed hold of my guitar and started to sing a new song I made up on the spot there and then..

"Shock, horror, I'm down, lost,

you're not around

There's a lump in my chest that sends cold through my head, and

My mind shuts sound out

I'm on auto-pilot,

and my tongues gone silent

Just switch it off and lay it down

Lay it down, next to you and me"

I finished off my beer and grabbed another one before continuing to write the rest of the song before falling asleep on the bed, with the guitar still on top of me.