Chapter 2

Ed's POV:

"Mind if I sit down?" I asked as the girl just looked at me, I guess I might have scared her a bit, I mean, she was singing my songs, she's obviously a fan.. She nodded her head so I sat next to her. "Sorry if I scared you" I said, placing my hand on her knee, this seemed to make her snap back into reality. "You didn't! I just, am glad I finally met you" she smiled at me, and we made eye contact for the second time, her eyes, they were bright green and they stared back at me as they sparkled in the light, caused by the street lamp. She pulled a face at me, and I realised I had been staring at her for quite a while now. "Sorry" I mumbled, feeling my cheeks starting to warm up, probably bright red by now. She giggled, which was kinda cute.

"Can I, play a song?" I said. I don't know why I said it, it just felt like the right moment. She nodded and I took the guitar off her and checked if it was in tune, which it was, and I started playing 'This', again, I don't exactly know why I picked this song, I could have picked any song in the whole world, but I picked 'This', it just seemed to fit the moment. The girl sung the chorus with me, her voice was beautiful, I have no idea why I've never heard of her by now, she could be a superstar with that voice. I finished the song and she clapped, grinning as she tucked some of the hair that had been covering her face behind her ear. It was blonde and wavy, and looked so soft to touch, but I restrained myself, as it may have been a bit weird, feeling up her hair. "Thanks" I grin back, handing her back the guitar. "You seeing the show tonight?" I said, "Yeah, I thought I'd just hang about here for a while" she said, as she shivered. I took off my hoodie and held it out to her. "You're cold put this on" she blushed and pulled it on. "Thanks". She was here nearly 4 hours early, she couldn't stay out here in the cold that long, it was winter. I got up suddenly, having an idea, "Come inside!" I blurted out, maybe sounding a bit too eager, "You can watch my sound check" I said, in a slightly calmer tone. She stood up grinning, "Really!?" she said in excitement, I nodded, "Under one condition.." I said grinning. "Yes, what, anything!" she said quickly, making me laugh. "What's your name?" I said, smirking. She wrinkled up her nose as if she didn't like what she was about to say. "Skye" she mumbled. "That's a beautiful name" I said softly, this time, my cheeks felt as if they were on fire.