Chapter 31

Skye's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room I was in. Where was I? Was I even alive? "Skye? Are you awake?" I heard a voice whisper.

"Ed?" I managed to mumble out. I felt his hand squeeze mine. He had been sitting next to me the whole time. "I'm so sorry Skye, It shouldn't have turned out like this, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry". He kept apologising over and over again until I finally "shhhh'd" him. I looked over at him and he looked exhausted. His eyes were puffy and red and his face was wet with tears. "Ed..", I couldn't find any words to say, "Where am I?". He bit on his bottom lip nervously, "Your in hospital, you lost a lot of blood, you nearly died Skye..", he choked out the last sentence, gripping my hand even tighter. "I nearly lost you..". I went to move my arm to wipe his tears but a shock of pain was sent up my arm. I groaned and fear struck across Ed's face again. "I'm fine, I just can't move it yet, anyway how long am I here for?". Again, Ed looked around nervously, "You've been here for 4 days Skye. You lost so much blood, they didn't know if. If you'd wake up". He started crying again and this time I pulled my arm up to hug him, trying to ignore the pain, my arms both wrapped around him and I sobbed into his chest. "I'm here, it's alright, I couldn't leave you. I wouldn't", I whispered into his chest, "Please sleep, you look awful". He pulled away and looked at me. "Thanks a lot..". I giggled softly and he smiled, wiping my tears. He got out of his seat and climbed up onto the bed I was laying on and laid down, pulling me with him. "I'll be here when you wake up" I said softly, and of course, he fell straight asleep.

"Hello Skye, I see your awake now?", I heard a voice say from the door. A young nurse was standing there. "Um, yeah. My boyfriend is just sleeping. He hasn't slept. For 4 days". She nodded as if she understood. "I've bandaged your arm up. I've got you painkillers. They were deep wounds but they should be fine, just leave a bit of scarring. "Yeah, I guessed that". She smiled and nodded again. "You can leave when you need to". She walked off and I rested my head back on Ed's chest. I couldn't sleep so I just thought. Thought about everything. Thought about what happened that night. Or what could have happened at least.