Chapter 56

Ed's POV:

I didn't really think Americans had fairgrounds, I mean, sure I know they like to party but, I always thought fairs were British.

Skye squeezed my hand as we walked in the gates. The loud amusement music you always get rang in my ears as we walked into the madness. There were rides, games and food stalls everywhere, too much to choose from really.. "That looks fun!", Skye said, making me look over in that direction. It was a game were you had to throw a ball to knock over the 10 stacked up cans. They were balanced like a pyramid and, looked pretty easy to knock down to be honest. I paid for Skye to have a go and the man behind the desk gave her two baseballs. She threw them both and knocked down 9/10. She laughed it off, but I could tell she was slightly disappointed. "You'll win the next game, it's easier!" I reassured her, taking her over to a shooting game. You had to shoot the passing plastic ducks, hit 15 in 30 seconds and you get a prize. Of course Skye tried and, well, 8/15 isn't exactly great. She did shake a lot though, I had noticed it before, she did it literally all the time. "I said you'd win so you will", I said softly, paying for another game. This time I stood behind her, steadying the gun while she flicked the trigger. "So what prize would you like?" the man said after we hit a total of 17 ducks. Skye picked out a cute little stuffed tiger that she tucked in her bag as we carried on walking around.

There was a large Ferris wheel in the middle of the fair, which looked kinda fun. Skye didn't look so impressed. "It'll make me dizzy..", she mumbled, tying to worm her way out of it. "For me?", I smirked, knowing I could persuade her. She sighed, giving in and we both got on. She held my hand tight even before it had started. When it finally started moving she looked absolutely petrified. "Look at me, don't look down", I said, causing her to look straight at me, bringing a smile to her face. Suddenly the wheel stopped, making Skye panic. We were right at the top, literally just hanging there. "There just letting people on Skye it's-", I stopped mid sentence and leant over and kissed her. I don't exactly know why, I just needed to. She kissed me back, squeezing her eyes shut so she didn't have to look down. "I love you, don't forget that..", I whispered quietly through the kiss. "I love you too", she said back, making me grin. The wheel jolted forward again, making me quickly pull back in shock making her laugh. She squeezed my hand and I looked over to her again, she was grinning from ear to ear, looking happier then ever.

It's like I had helped her over come a fear. It felt nice. I felt useful. Sort of needed. I just felt..

Me.