Chapter 63

Skye's POV:

I went out to get some lunch and sat down at a table in a small cafe around the corner. "Where's the ginger fella your usually with?", the waiter said. "He's away for a bit", I mumbled, feeling bad. I was such an idiot. I was the one who had made the mistakes but I was the one who turned Ed away. He had forgiven me just like that but I was mad at him for literally no reason at all. I took one bite of my sandwich and pushed it away. I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted Ed back.

Ed's POV:

One gig done, one more to go. It was my second day in New Zealand and it was a lovely place but, it was so difficult to enjoy it without Skye.

I stepped on stage and the crowd cheered. "Hi I'm Ed Sheeran, uh.. My first song is, uh.. Give me Love", I stuttered. I scanned the room but of course Skye wasn't there. I loved singing this song to her. Everything reminded me of her.. It was so difficult, missing her this much. I hope she forgave me by now. "I haven't sung this in a while", I said after I finished my first song. "Me and.. Skye, we had a bit of a fall out. So this is for her. This is Gold Rush".

"Maybe you should learn to love her", I sung, thinking about her. Did I show my love enough? Did she even realise how much I loved her. I had no idea..

Skye's POV:

Two days had gone by without a word from Ed. I searched my bag for the room key but I couldn't find it anywhere. "Shit", I muttered, sitting down outside the door with my head in my hands. Everything was going wrong without Ed. I leaned my head against the door frame and just sat there. I had no idea what to do. My eyes slowly started to close, I was so tired, I hadn't been sleeping much. I think I might have drifted off to sleep as the soft touch of someone's hand on my face woke me up.

"Ed?" I mumbled. "I'm so sorry Skye, I'm so so sorry..", he sobbed, picking me up in his arms as he opened the door for me. "No I'm sorry, you didn't do anything. I'm sorry not you, please don't cry", I said, wiping his tears away, "how comes you're here?!". He was now making me cry as tears were streaming down his face. "We're so silly..", he laughed through the sobs, resting me softly down on the bed, not answering my question, just clambering on top of me. "I missed you so much", he whispered, kissing my face again and again. "I missed you too.. I missed this, us. I'm sorry..", I said but he kissed me to stop me talking, his tears making it wetter then usual. He rolled over to let me lay on top and I rested my head on his chest. His hands ran over every part of my body as I laid there with my eyes closed. "I love you", I said quietly just before I fell into a deep sleep.