Chapter 57

Skye's POV:

Once my feet were finally on the ground, I felt safer. Ed did make it a lot better, I knew I wasn't going to get hurt but, I did like my feet firmly on the ground. It felt kind of odd how I was in America with Ed Sheeran. He was doing gigs nearly every day and I got to watch. For free. Not like a few weeks, or was it months, back where I paid to see him multiple times, using all my wages so I barely had enough money to even eat. I felt special for once in my life. Like someone wanted me, it was so surreal, just the most wonderful feeling. I could barely even remember my life without him.

"Candy floss!", Ed shouted, making me jump and look up at him. "Do you.. Like candy floss?", he asked, making me laugh. "Of course!", I replied, causing him to grin widely. He bought some from a stall near by and took a bite. It got all stuck round his face and on his nose and this just made me laugh. "Come here!" I giggled, wiping his face with a napkin. "Yes mummy..", he mumbled, forcing himself not to laugh. I took a bite as he offered, making an equal amount of mess. This time Ed cleaned me up. "How do you even eat this stuff Ed!?", I joked and he smirked, pulling some off with his fingers. "Open wide!", he laughed, feeding it to me. He then licked his fingers of all the candy that got stuck and smiled at me. "3 and a half million followers and you picked me..", I whispered softly. He raised his eyebrows, looking at me, as if he was trying to figure something out. "Something's are just meant to be..", he said softly back, finishing the candy floss. "I'll always love you Skye", he added. "I know", I said back, making him smile. "Coffee?". I nodded, I think I needed one.

He took my hand and we walked over the road to the Starbucks that was opposite. "2 black coffees please", Ed ordered. I quickly put the money on the counter and Ed scowled, but allowed me to pay. We sat down and drank our coffee in complete silence, but he didn't take his eyes off me. Not even once. "Don't turn around, stay still", he finally said. "What's happening Ed?", I said panicking. "Nothing, nothing it's alright. Just paparazzi, taking pictures through the window, no need to get you involved..", he said, not taking his eyes off whatever was happening behind me. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave.. Sorry..", one of the staff said to us. I scowled but Ed just nodded, "We were just leaving..", he said standing up, grabbing my hand. "Ready?". I nodded. "Don't let go..", he whispered, squeezing my hand tight. "I wont".