Chapter 9

Skye's POV:

I wrapped myself in the blanket too lazy to get up. I should have gone with him, at least his music would have taken my mind off things. I laid in bed for a while, before finally getting up to make some dinner. I was actually quite hungry, which was a rarity, but I guess that's because I hadn't eaten all day, I made beans on toast and ate them sitting on my bed before jumping in the shower and changing my clothes. I checked the clock, 8:15pm, Ed had just started. I picked up my guitar and started playing about with some chords, trying to write a song. How did Ed do it? I found it nearly impossible.. After what seemed like hours I finally got something decent..

'I want to stay with him, for all of the summer, he stopped me, he wasn't even mean-' but I got interrupted before I could finish by a faint knocking at the door. I opened it and Ed was standing there, grinning with a bunch of flowers. "Didn't think you'd be back this early.." I said with a smile, secretly glad he was back. "Yeah.. I only had a short set" he mumbled, slinging his guitar on the bed, and taking it out, handing you the flowers. "I heard you playing!" he grinned widely as I put the flowers in a vase as I scowled at him. He laughed, "I liked one of those lines, mind if I pinch it?" he smirked. "Sure go ahead!" you grin as he starts playing around with some chords, fixing a melody. "You got a pen?" he mumbles as he pulls out a small notepad. I grab one and throw it as him and he catches it quickly writing down some lyrics and chords in his scruffy handwriting.

"Alright I got something!" he says after a few minutes of strumming and humming a long. "Play it then!" I grinned sitting crossed legged on my bed. So then he started singing..

'Filled up with doubt, I have to move home, But I want to stay with you, For all of the summer'.

He looked up at me and I smiled urging him to sing on, he grinned and carried on, the chorus gave me shivers,

'You are so cool, You are so beautiful, you are, so. You are so'.

I clapped after he finished and he blushed. "I'll call it So" he smiled, looking into my eyes. "It's about you" he blurted out. It was about me?!

"What?!"