2. truth doesn't make a noise

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Lucas called Ethan to the River Court. As soon as Ethan arrived, he saw Nathan heading in the same direction.

"Luke?" Ethan asked.

"Luke." Nathan replied.

The two boys walked towards the court, where they saw Lucas having his movie star moment, lying on the floor of the court, listening to music with his eyes closed. Ethan and Nathan crouched down next to Lucas' head, casting a shadow.

"Three questions. You ready?" Nathan asked, causing Lucas to open his eyes.

"Is that your first one?" Lucas retorted.

Nathan denied it with his head.

"Number one, what happened to your hair?"

Lucas laughed at Nathan's question and sat up to look at the two boys.

"He left it in Charleston." Ethan answered for his cousin.

"You and Haley still married?" Lucas asked, and Nathan nodded.

"She hasn't thrown me out yet. Nathan said. "Now, number two, why'd you two come back?" Nathan asked, looking at the two boys.

"My answer is pretty obvious, Nathan. You should just ask my dad and Luke." Ethan shrugged.

"Emm's." Nathan noted.

Nathan could understand Ethan's desire to stay in Tree Hill. Nathan also imagined that Keith's affection for Dan wouldn't go away, even if Keith didn't agree with Dan's actions. Keith wouldn't leave his brother alone at a time like this. But Nathan didn't understand Lucas' motivation, Nathan knows that Keith would remain in Charleston if the boys wanted him too.

"It was the right thing to do." Lucas said.

And maybe, for Keith, Ethan and Lucas, it really was the right thing.

Ethan noticed that Lucas wanted to ask about Dan, but didn't know how.

"Hey, Nate. How's Dan?" Ethan asked.

"He's alright. He's still alive. Probably freakin' out about me and Haley, like my mom." Nathan said.

"Last question, for you two. Do you two regret all that 'you're-my-brother' and 'you're-my- cousin' stuff now that you guys are back?" Nathan asked the blond boys.