6. every night is another story

Tree Hill, 2003

Tree Hill, 2003

Haley was sitting in the passenger seat, while Peyton was driving Brooke's car. Emma was sitting in the backseat, with Brooke's head in her lap. Haley was playing an imaginary guitar while they listened to Cool Kids by Screeching Weasel. While Brooke slept, the three girls were having fun and laughing. When Peyton asked Emma for another CD and turned around to show her where it was, Hlaey got scared and grabbed the steering wheel calling for Peyton. With the car leaving the road a little, Brooke almost fell off the seat and quickly got up, scared.

"Sorry." Peyton said.

"Where the hell are we?" Brooke asked the girls, still a little disoriented.

"Miles from normal." Haley said.

"What is she doing here?" Brooke looked at Peyton then at Emma. Emma held back a laugh as Peyton quickly glanced at Brooke.

"You invited her." The three girls started laughing at Brooke's confused face.

Peyton turns up the music, and Brooke ends up throwing herself back, grumbling at the noise.

"Nice, what's next?" Haley asked.

"Uh, you pick." What? Was Peyton Sawyer being nice and nice by letting someone else pick songs? What a weird night.

Suddenly, the four girls leaned forward to see if they could see well. Nathan, Ethan and Lucas were standing together in the middle of the road.

"Could this night get any freaker?" Brooke questioned when Peyton stopped the car.

12 Hours Earlier

Emma and Peyton were looking for Ethan and Lucas in the school yard when they saw the boys talking to Haley. Emma called Ethan to go a little further away and give Peyton and Lucas some privacy. Emma was aware of the away game, and imagined it would be tedious to take the bus to the game in the neighboring town. The girl ended up making a mix of songs.

"Did you make me a mix?" Emma nodded.

"Something like that, I hope you don't hate it."

Ethan thought he couldn't hate it, as far as he knew, they both had similar taste in music. And even if he ended up not liking the songs, she tried to make something nice for him.

"Thanks, Emma. I know I'm going to like it." Emma really hoped so.

[....]