7. life in a glass house

Tree Hill, 2003

Tree Hill, 2003

Emma, Peyton and Brooke were walking through the schoolyard when Brooke started talking.

"All I remember, is the three of us and tutor girl in my car. And then, Lucas, Nathan and Ethan." Brooke turned to look at Peyton and went on. "And then you said something about being into Lucas, but it could have been Nathan, and I need to know."

"Need?" Peyton asked.

"Three of them, three of us. Plenty of fine Scott boys to go around." Brooke said looking to the sisters, then she directed again to Peyton. "And your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired. Besides, you and Nathan were interesting together."

Emma looked at Peyton then at Brooke.

"Ew, no. Nathan is my friend, but as a boyfriend? My sister deserves way better, B. Davis. I'm out of here. Bye bye." Emma stated, kissed them both on the cheek and left.

Emma had spotted Ethan a little further away from where Lucas was, leaning against a wall smoking. Emma walked over to Ethan, snatched his cigarette and took a drag.

"Hey, Emm's. Are you going to that weird thing that Dan apparently does every year?" Ethan asked the girl.

"Unfortunately, Brooke and Coach Whitey kind of make the cheerleaders go every year." Emma said, not liking the idea very much. "And you?"

Ethan sighed deeply.

"I don't know. Maybe... Spending a day at Dan's house kissing his ass isn't really my thing." Emma smiled; she could imagine how weird it must be for the boy.

[....]

Emma was sitting in the passenger seat, her legs up in the air, waiting for Peyton to arrive so the two of them could leave. As Peyton was opening the car door, she just looked at Emma.

"Put your legs down, Emm's." Emma stuck her tongue out at Peyton. When Peyton reversed the car, she almost ran over Haley.

"Jesus, P. Sawyer." Emma said to Peyton.

"Woah, walking here." Haley said.

"God, I'm so sorry, Haley." Peyton told the girl.

Peyton offered Haley a ride, and Emma jumped into the back seat of the car and stretched out.

"I guess it's better to be in your car than under it." Haley said, Emma ended up laughing at the look on Peyton's face, leaned down between the seats and whispered to her sister.