10. don't take me for granted

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma and Ethan met Brooke in the schoolyard and as they walked towards the lockers, Brooke told them that someone had smashed the window of her car and walked with Luke to school. When Emma asked about Felix, Brooke just looked at her and said that she was done with all the 'benefits'.

The three teenagers met Peyton in front of her locker, Brooke took the opportunity to tell Peyton about the situation with her car. When Peyton closed the locker door, the three of them looked up shocked, the word 'dyke' was graffitied on Peyton's locker door.

Ethan took a deep breath, and all that came into his mind was Felix's voice implying that Peyton was a lesbian. Ethan kissed the top of his girlfriend's head.

"Excuse me, girls." Ethan said quietly.

Ethan was walking towards the schoolyard again, his fists clenched.

Emma looked at her sister and questioned.

"Any idea who might have done it?" Peyton shook her head.

Ethan looked like he was about to kill someone, if the boy was a cartoon you could see the smoke coming out of his head. Ethan's face was even a little more flushed from the anger bubbling up in him. Ethan had no way of proving it, but Felix had something to do with the Peyton locker situation.

Ethan scanned the courtyard and found Mouth leaving where Felix was sitting. Ethan marched over to where Felix was and pulled the boy by his shirt, facing him.

"What the hell, man?" Felix asked, frowning without understanding what he had possibly done to make Ethan so angry.

"You spray-painted 'dyke' on Peyton's locker?" Ethan spat the words in Felix's face.

"What?"

"Yes or no, Felix." Ethan had his hands on Felix's shirt, holding him tightly.

"No. What the hell, man?" Felix's voice echoed to Ethan.

Ethan looked Felix in the eye, and Ethan couldn't explain it. But Felix didn't sound genuine.

"Felix, if I find out it's a lie..." Ethan said quietly.

"Yeah, what are you going to do?" Felix smirked.

Ethan removed Felix's hands, leaned close to Felix's ear and whispered.

"You pray to your gods that I don't find you, because after I'm done with you. You'll be able to count on the fingers of one hand how many bones haven't been broken."