9. the trick is to keep breathing

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma, Brooke and Peyton were in a store in the mall looking for dresses. Well, Brooke and Emma were looking for dresses. Peyton had talked to her sister earlier, to make sure the girl wouldn't feel bad about her going with their mother's dress. And to Brooke's surprise, Emma and Peyton were going to pay for Brooke's dress, the brunette girl just didn't know it yet.

Brooke had stopped in front of a lilac dress and said.

"Maybe, I could just buy it, keep the tags on and return in the next day. I mean, it's a formal." Brooke had said as she looked at the dress, then looked at Emma and Peyton who were standing with their arms crossed looking at her.

"I'm not going to be wearing it for that long anyway." Brooke said.

The sisters laughed at Brooke's words. Brooke picked up the dress and put it in front of her.

"What do you guys think?" Brooke asked.

Emma and Peyton pretended not to like the dress, Brooke put the dress back on and Emma pulled it off the hanger and threw it to Peyton who was going to the cashier to pay for Brooke's dress.

"You two are so not my best friends anymore." Brooke said, pointing her finger at the Sawyer sisters.

"We are buying it for you, B. Davis." Emma said from the checkout next to her sister.

"You guys are so my best friend again." Brooke said jumping from joy.

The girls smiled and hugged Brooke. After paying, the girls went back to find a dress for Emma, who hated everything they had found.

"Okay, never mind. I'll reuse some dress from my closet." Emma said.

"Emm's, we can go to other stores." Peyton offered, but Emma shrugged and asked to leave.

When Emma arrived in her room with Peyton, the two girls saw a large box on the girl's bed.

"What did you buy, Emm's?" Peyton asked.

"Nothing." Emma said, looking strangely at the box.

Emma saw an envelope on top of the box and picked it up to read.

'I hope you haven't bought any dresses or the situation will get awkward.

I hope you like it.