8. the search for something more

Tree Hill, 2003

Tree Hill, 2003

Emma was in her room playing a bit of guitar and trying to write her songs, on which several balls of paper had been thrown into the garbage can. Brooke had turned up at night completely drunk, and the girls had put her to bed with Peyton.

Peyton had also told Emma about her night with Lucas, how everything was going well, and suddenly in the middle of hooking up, Lucas started talking about feelings, something Peyton didn't feel quite ready to deal with. Which was understandable, Peyton had recently ended a stressful relationship with Nathan.

Brooke walked into Emma's room and threw herself on the girl's bed, with Peyton standing in the doorway.

"Emm's, I'm sorry." Brooke begged.

"It's okay, Brooke. I didn't give you a chance to do or say anything." Emma said, dropping her guitar and going to the girl's side.

"What's today?" Emma asked the girls.

"Brooke's going to fix her karma, so we're going out together and Brooke wants to go to a university party later." Peyton said. Emma grumbled.

"Oh, don't even try to run away, Emm's. You're going!" Brooke said and Emma just accepted.

Emma felt that she needed this time with just the girls, although she knew that the moment Brooke saw a handsome boy she would disappear. But maybe she and Peyton needed to have some fun together. No boy drama.

[....]

Emma, Brooke and Peyton were in a store with Brooke trying on some tops. Peyton was arm in arm with Emma, when they both looked at Brooke looking at herself in the mirror.

"So, explain to us how this fixes your karma again." Peyton said to Brooke.

"It doesn't, but it's a total pick-me-up, don't you think?" Brooke asked, and Emma did agree with the girl. But Brooke Davis could wear a potato sack and would look incredible. "Now, you try this and you this." Brooke handed one top to Peyton and then another to Emma.

While Emma and Peyton were changing to try on clothes, Brooke explained that she had a master plan to fix the damage she had done. Apparently, Brooke wasn't a very nice person to Nathan and Haley. And that if Brooke fixed some people's love lives, the universe could help her with her own. Emma came out of the fitting room at the same time as Peyton and looked at her sister with a little smile.

"Fabulous." Brooke said looking at Peyton.

"Fabulous? You look amazing, sis." Emma said nudging her sister.