6. we might as well be strangers

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma, Peyton and Brooke were walking through the school corridors. Peyton had a pile of posters out to find attractions for the club's opening night.

"This club night is gonna rule." Brooke said smiling.

"Not according to the jerk at the record store." Peyton said sighing.

Emma frowned as the girls stopped for Peyton to stick one of the posters on the wall.

"Of course it will. You're Peyton Sawyer, you're amazing and nothing can stop you." Emma said, looking at her sister.

"Emma Sawyer, the motivational speaker." Brooke said smiling.

"Shut up." Emma said, patting Brooke lightly on the shoulder.

[....]

Emma was sitting behind Peyton, and Brooke next to Peyton's desk. When Brooke leaned over to complain to the girls how much she hated this whole thing about being poor, and that she had to beg her parents to keep her car, her love life was non-existent.

"You might not be rich, but you are still Brooke Davis. The most popular, least studious girl in school." Peyton whispered back to Brooke.

Emma leaned a little closer to her desk.

"Brooke Penelope Davis. The girl you either want to be or want to be friends with." Emma said.

Brooke sat up, looking beyond.

"Maybe. But being poor and horny is no way to go through life. How am I supposed to have fun?" Brooke said.

Ethan, who was sitting behind Brooke, saw that Felix kept looking at Brooke. The blond boy rolled his eyes and nudged Brooke.

"Brooke, the girls won't judge you if you hook up with Felix." Ethan muttered. "Now please, too much information." Ethan pleaded.

The three girls lowered their heads, putting their hands in front of their mouths to hold back their laughter.

[....]

Ethan, Nathan and Luke were at Dan's dealership cleaning one of the cars. Nathan told them that had a new student in his class called Anna and asked Luke if Anna was the mystery girl from the dare night. Luke had told the boys what happened on dare night, after Ethan left, Luke spent time with her and even kissed her, but he didn't use it as a way to win the points because he liked the girl.