20. the leavers dance

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling while squeezing her anti-stress ball. The girl felt increasingly lost, not knowing how to help the people she loved. There wasn't a word or a gesture that could make the people she loved feel less sad. What could she say or do for Peyton, Ethan and Nathan?

The girl came out of her reverie with a gentle touch on her arm, Peyton's soft hand had touched her. She hadn't even heard her sister enter her room.

Peyton lay down next to her sister,

"A penny for your thoughts." Peyton said softly.

Emma let out a sigh, the girl wondered how she could tell her sister that she felt hopeless, how bad things seemed at the moment and she didn't know how to help. Things couldn't get any worse, could they?

Emma shook her head, telling her sister not to worry, her head was just full of thoughts. Would Peyton relax? After that answer, obviously not.

Peyton then told her sister that a woman called Ellie had turned up at the Tric looking for her. The girl then explained that Ellie said she worked for Alternative Press, and wanted to do a story on the girl who had managed to bring Jimmy Eat World and The Wreckers to play at the Tric, and was impressed. Emma cracked a smile at her sister's feeling proud, but Peyton didn't stop there. Peyton also said that Ellie had told her that if she could get Violet Sawyer to say hello or make a few comments, it would be an incredible bonus.

And so it was that Emma and Peyton had met Ellie at Karen's café. Peyton was in a terrible mood, and it showed, but Emma... Emma looked exhausted.

Before Peyton went to talk to the girl, Brooke had told Emma that she had found a box with some of Peyton's things in Lucas' room, and it was a bucket of cold water for Brooke's feelings for the boy again. Emma tried to comfort the girl, but Emma didn't know what to say to Brooke, Emma thinks Brooke deserves so much more than Lucas Scott. Brooke Davis deserves more than a few nice words, and crappy attitudes.

Emma woke up from her thoughts again when she heard the woman, Ellie, say that she had stolen Courtney Love's jacket. Emma hadn't thought before she opened her mouth.

"Is she cool or is she a bitch?" Ellie let out a laugh, even though Peyton had reprimanded her sister's question.

"She was being a total bitch, that's why I stole the jacket." Ellie explained. "Have a seat, girls."

Peyton had told Ellie that the editors at Thud were thrilled about the story, and asked Peyton to talk to the woman. Ellie even ended up doing an analysis of how Peyton was feeling, of what was going on in her life just based on how Peyton was feeling.