19. the tide that left and never came back

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma and Brooke were with Peyton near the girl's locker.

"Jimmy Eat World. That's a great idea!" Brooke cheered.

Peyton was leaning against her locker, the girl looked at Brooke.

"Brooke, it'll probably never happen." Peyton said.

"Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer, you got The Wreckers and Pelt Head to come and play. You totally land Jimmy Eat World." Brooke hyped Peyton up. "And when you do, I promise I won't break up with you to run off and join their tour." Brooke said.

Peyton's face changed, sadness taking over. Brooke and Emma quickly exchanged glances.

"That's it, isn't it?" Emma asked, knowing that Peyton was heartbroken about Jake's situation.

"That's why your heart's not totally into finding a great band for the end of the school year?" Brooke questioned. "Haley and Nathan." Brooke added.

Emma looked at Brooke, wondering if Brooke really thought that Peyton was almost crying because of Haley and Nathan, and not because of Jake.

"That and..." Peyton trailed off thinking about Jake.

[....]

'There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it. Now, little did Shaw realize at the time that his words would be the basis of your final. I'd like you to write an essay on the meaning of Shaw's quote. It's due on Monday and then your school year will be over.' The teacher explained.

Emma left the room and waited for Ethan in the corridor, as the boy had arrived a little late.

"Hey, Pompoms." Ethan greeted his girlfriend, holding the girl's hand.

"Hi." Emma kissed the boy and they started walking down the corridor hand in hand.

"Emm's, I got the test results..." Ethan muttered.

Emma looked at the boy and pulled him to lean against the wall, leaving the corridor clear.

"Well?" Emma asked, feeling anxious to know the result.

"I haven't opened it yet." Ethan replied.

"So, do you want me to be there when you open?" Ethan shook his head.