1. like you like an arsonist

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 3)

Emma, Ethan, Peyton and Lucas left the beach together, heading for the Sawyer sisters' house. The walk had been silent, it was as if the four teenagers were on another planet, keeping secrets.

When Emma and Ethan went to the teenager's room, they snuggled up in bed. Ethan told her that he had done the stupidest thing in the universe, and he didn't know if he was angrier at Luke or at himself.

"What happened, Ethan?" Emma said, her voice soft but full of concern.

"Luke and I had gone out for a walk, trying to talk things over." Ethan sighed. "Then we saw Dan's dealership on fire...." Ethan trailed off.

Emma was holding the blonde boy's hand, worried that perhaps the boy had seen that Dan was inside the place.

"Luke went into the dealership, and... And I went after him, because if Dan had been inside, Luke might not have been able to get him out of the burning place." Ethan said, and Emma didn't know what to say. The girl was stunned.

"We got Dan out, and we heard the noise of the ambulance and got out of there."

Emma was still looking at her boyfriend.

"Okay. It was extremely stupid to go into a burning place, but... you saved a life, probably. What's so bad about that, E?" Emma asked.

Ethan looked into the girl's eyes.

"I helped save the man who likes to destroy everyone I love, Emm's. And I only did that because I didn't want Luke to be trapped inside." Ethan muttered.

The boy didn't feel proud of having helped save someone. Ethan felt guilty for having put himself at risk for someone who wasn't worth it.

Emma hugged the boy, stroking his blond hair as she told him that everything was going to be all right, that he hadn't been hurt, everything was fine. Ethan remembered how upset the girl and her sister had looked when he had met them on the beach, and the boy wondered if something had happened.

Emma said that Ellie's real name was Elizabeth, and she claimed to be Peyton's mother.

"It was strange, Ethan. She told Peyton she was her mother, but she didn't look at me or say she was our mother." Emma recounted. "But we're twins, and we saw our mother die in that damn hospital. How can this be possible?"