4. you can't always get what you want

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 2)

Emma was in the basement playing the drums, the sound of Emma's drums echoing through the house. Peyton was in her room and turned down her own music for a moment, realizing how aggressively Emma was playing. Not that the music itself wasn't already, Emma was playing Limp Bizkit - Eat You Alive. Peyton didn't always get her sister's mood right based on the music she listened to or played, but she did get it right when she paid attention to the intensity Emma put into playing an instrument or singing. Peyton turned off her music.

Peyton went down to the basement and saw her sister stop playing, throwing the drumsticks into a corner almost in her direction.

"Hey, easy. Sister here." Peyton said, trying to joke with her sister.

"Sorry." Emma mumbled.

Emma ran a hand through her hair, pulling out a hair clip to tie it up, feeling hot. Emma stood up and walked over to her sister, who was holding a bottle of water for the girl.

"Is everything okay?" Peyton asked.

Emma nodded as she opened the bottle of water and took a sip, hearing her sister say.

"It's not what it looked like, Emm's."

"I just...." Emma pulled out her notebook where she wrote down her songs, opening to one of the pages.

"Everything I write doesn't seem to be good enough." Emma said, letting Peyton read her latest composition.

"Emm's, you're wonderful. You should believe in yourself a little more." Peyton said.

"I'm just a little frustrated, Peyton. Nothing that won't pass." Emma reassured her sister.

Emma finished her water and looked at her sister.

"By the way, have you talked to Karen about your idea for a night club or whatever for all ages?" Emma asked her sister.

"Not yet. Do you want to go with me?" Peyton asked.

"Will you just let me take a quick shower?" Emma asked back, and Peyton just patted her leg, telling her to hurry up.

Emma actually hurried to go with her sister to Karen's café to talk to her. Well, Peyton was going to talk, Emma was just going to support her sister.