4. locked hearts and hand grenades

Tree Hill

Tree Hill

(based on season 3)

What happened in Tree Hill: The girl dressed as Pamela Anderson is called Rachel. Brooke asked Haley to be a cheerleader, but Brooke had to give in and accept Rachel as a cheerleader. On the night of Midnight Madness, not only did Nathan and Luke fight during the opening, but so did Brooke and Rachel. A total disaster.

NOW

'And in Tree Hill, North Carolina the local high school basketball team, the Ravens began their season with a bench-clearing brawl which wouldn't be that noteworthy except this brawl pitted the Ravens against the Ravens. Even the cheerleaders got in a few good shots. Looks like these kittens have claws. When asked about the incident Coach Brian Whitey Durham had no comment.'

Coach Whitey turned off the TV and looked in the direction of the team's players.

"I got a comment for you. Gym! Suicides! Move!" Coach Whitey shouted at the boys.

Ethan moved towards the court, already mentally tired. The boy hadn't even tried to break up the cousins' fight, just as Emma hadn't tried to break up Brooke and Rachel. Ethan didn't know why Luke didn't take care of his own problems instead of trying to force a solution on others. Nathan would sort himself out with Haley in his own time. And Emma was exhausted from the girls' arguments involving Lucas Scott.

The boys were running back and forth, Nathan and Ethan had exchanged glances almost like one challenging the other to see who was faster. Luke, however, was getting slower and slower.

[....]

Emma, Brooke and Peyton were walking in the schoolyard when they spotted Lucas and Ethan Scott near a mural. Peyton had left after saying something to Brooke, which Emma hadn't heard, but the girl knew it was something to do with Lucas.

Emma and Brooke walked over to the boys. Emma walked over to Ethan, putting some distance between them and Brooke and Lucas, leaving them to talk alone.

"So, how was training?" Emma asked the blond boy.

Ethan ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"Oh, wonderful. Coach Whitey was jumping for joy over what happened at Midnight Madness." Ethan said, his voice laced with sarcasm as he hugged his girlfriend from the side.

Emma smiled at the boy and touched her finger to the tip of her boyfriend's nose.

"Poor baby."