Chapter 40: Genetic Strengthening Potion!

“Brother, why are you here? Aren’t you preparing for the technology competition in school?”

In a corner of a ward in the hospital, a thin girl looked at Lin Bei, who had appeared in front of her, and her eyes revealed a hint of joy.

“Little sister, I’m here to see you. Now that I’ve earned money in Second World, I’m here to treat you!”

Lin Bei looked at his skinny sister and his thoughts drifted, as if he had returned to his previous life.

Lin Jing was a strong girl. Although she was plagued by illness, she had always been extremely optimistic and insisted on fighting it.

However, the sudden death of their parents in her previous life had dealt a huge blow to her. In the end, she still passed away.

“Brother! Don’t lie to me! I heard from them that they can only maintain my vitality through continuous blood transfusion and exchange. Otherwise, I’ll die quickly.”

Lin Jing blinked, as if she was not afraid of death.

“Silly girl, what do you know? I’m not lying to you! I’m here to treat your illness!”

As Lin Bei spoke, he took out his phone and showed Lin Jing his account balance. “Look for yourself. Isn’t this much money enough for your treatment?”

“Ah! Brother, where… where did you get so much money?”

Lin Jing exclaimed and pulled Lin Bei to her side. She leaned forward and whispered, “Brother, did you do something illegal? Do Mom and Dad know? You can’t do this. Although I’m sick, you shouldn’t…”

“Don’t worry, little sister. Your brother earned this money through legitimate means. Didn’t I tell you that I earned it from Second World?!”

Lin Bei smiled and said, “Alright, don’t worry. I know my limits. I definitely won’t do anything illegal! Dad and Mom will be here tomorrow. If you don’t believe me, you can ask them!”

“Is that true?”

“Absolutely!”

“Then… is Second World fun? I always hear others discussing this game, but the doctor said that I’m too weak to play games.”

Lin Jing asked curiously.

“It’s fun! Do you want to play?”

Lin Bei smiled and nodded.

“Of course I do! But I—”

“Don’t worry. When I cure you later, I’ll buy you a gaming pod. At that time, you can play however you want. If you encounter anything you don’t know or don’t understand, I’ll help you!”

Lin Bei smiled.

“Brother, you’re the best.”

Tears welled up in Lin Jing’s eyes. She originally thought that she would be like this for the rest of her life. She even thought that as a burden to her parents and brother, she shouldn’t continue living in this world.

However, every time she saw her parents and brother running around worried about her strange illness, she could not bear it.

She felt that she had to be strong.

Just like that, she endured for a full five years.

For the past five years, she had been staying in the hospital and had not even left once.

However, she did not regret it. Every time she saw her parents and brother’s smiles, she would feel that it was all worth it.

She did not want to leave them.