143. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑶𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑾𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏

Queen

I wasn't an idiot and I wasn't delusional either. Syn and I both had been with other people, but to bring me here. To a store that his old fucking fling owned— a fling that he had very much still been keeping in contact with and working with.

Jeez.

I was seething.

"You know what?" I set the dresses down, my chest aching as I looked at her. "I'll try on everything in here that's my size. And I'll buy all the bags."

"Oh," she sputtered, surprise all over her features.

I opened my bag and held out his card. "It's his card. Put everything on it. Don't hold back, he insisted and I'm sure you'll do everything in your power to oblige?" She missed the shade as the card filled her vision and she took it into her fingers.

"Of course, Ms. Beverly." She grinned. "I'll
charge the bags and then we can proceed with the clothes."

I gave her only a nod and she strode past me, her blonde hair cascading around her. I crossed my arms. That genuinely hurt more than I wanted it to. And I never considered myself a jealous person before, but I wanted to burn the building down. It's honestly exactly what I should've done if I wanted to make his pockets hurt.

I felt my phone buzz in my purse and I took it out.

Syn.

Speak of the damn devil.

Not right now. I declined the call and silenced my cell phone.

You're being childish. I could hear the better side of me telling me to grow up, but that other half...that one that wanted me to be free of my inhibitions, wanted me to sit in this pain a little bit longer. She wanted me to tear the building down and kill the woman. She was hard to ignore, but I couldn't do that.

A few minutes later, Phoebe came back, a receipt in her hands. It was dragging on the floor as she tried to roll it up and I crossed my arms. "I put one of all the bags in inventory. Here is the receipt."

I took the paper from her hands and she picked up the bit on the floor. "Thanks," I muttered.

"No problem." She held her hands together. "If you'd like to go to the dressing room, I'll bring you everything else." I nodded and she led me back to the hallway where the room was. "Give me ten minutes."

"Okay." I pushed the door open and walked inside. Once I closed the door, I shut my eyes and leaned against it. Relax.

"Shopping until you drop, hm?" I heard the voice and my eyes snapped open to the direction. The last person I wanted to see right now. Syn. He sat on the loveseat adjacent to Paris, his elbows resting on his thighs as he rubbed his hands together. He must've been here because of the money. If an apology was what he wanted, he wasn't getting it. "Are you having a good time?"

"Uh, can I go?" Paris spoke up.

"Yes," Syn replied.

"No," I answered and Syn looked at me curiously before glancing at Paris.

He still stood up and walked toward me. "Sorry. Boss trumps all. Good luck, excuse me."

I stepped aside and he walked out of the room, closing the door. I crossed my arms, my eyes finding their way back to Syn as he sat back in the chair, his navy shirt peeking out from below his dark blazer. He looked good as always, and my body reacted despite my mind sending all types of vulgar remarks his way. The conniving asshole.

I walked to the couch, set my bag down, and took over Paris's old spot. "If you're here about the money, I'll wire it back to you," I said flatly, picking up the glass of wine on the table.