60. 𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠

May 11, 2023

Queen

Romantically?

"Absolutely not." I shook my head. "I would never kill you. I'm not going to lose you again."

"As flattered as I am that I was the first person to cross your mind when you thought of romance...I wasn't suggesting me," he said.

"Myself?" I asked in confusion. That didn't make sense. It kind of defeated the whole purpose of me awakening my dormant powers.

Syn titled his head and scrunched his brows in confusion, taken aback by my question. "You love yourself romantically?!"

"What?" I shrugged. "Doesn't everyone?" He squinted his eyes at me in disbelief and I raised my hands in innocence. "Don't tell me you wouldn't kiss you if you magically made yourself a double. Just to see what it's like, you know?"

"I wouldn't."

"Well, that's just you."

"No." He shook his head. "That's just everyone else, but you. You're not the majority here."

"Eh, that's what you think." He gave me a serious look that made me want to refocus on the topic and I cleared my throat. "Fine, if you're not talking about yourself or me...then who's left?"

He rubbed the scruff on his jaw and licked his lips, looking off at the distance before meeting my eye again. "Your little boyfriend."

"Who?" I gave him a strange look until he rolled his eyes and it clicked. "Aiden?!"

"Mhmm."

"I'm not killing Aiden!" I said. "What happened to being Good Samaritans? He's a good guy. He's not going to die because you don't like him."

"I don't trust him."

"Do you not trust him because you don't like him? Or do you not like him because you don't trust him?"

"What the fuck," he said. "It sounds like you just said the same thing."

"They're very different, Syn," I said. "You just don't like him. That's it. He's been nothing but good to me. How do you expect me to kill him?"

"Ughh." He shivered. "Don't tell me that shit, it makes me itch."

"It's the truth."

"If he's such a good guy then why were you interrogating his mother?" He asked. "You know deep down that you don't trust him as much if not more than me, Queen. So why not just kill him...just in case. And in that process, you get your powers, we find someone in Hell to do the spell for us, and boom, we're a step closer to finding Xavia."

"Syn, you know you have the power to torture someone in Hell into doing this for us," I said. "You just want me to kill him."

"That's not true," he said. "The souls are tortured every day. They're used to it. They hardly scream when I walk into the cell with them anymore. The only way I could imagine them helping is if I promised them freedom and...I don't think you want one of them free."

"Couldn't we just let them free and then kill them again?"

He gasped, placing a hand over his chest. "And break my word? I'm the Devil, Queen. Without my word, I'm nothing."

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes. "You lie to everyone within your vicinity about a hundred times a day."

"Fine." He dropped the act. "But I truly cannot let a soul escape. They have no body outside of Hell meaning once they're free, they can jump into any innocent being anywhere in the world while keeping their memories and subconscious. Imagine one of the serial killers down here jumped into a child and killed their family. That's multiple lives when you could just take one."