24. 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐵𝑒𝑒𝑛?

May 6, 2023

Queen

My eyes landed on Syn standing in front of the elevator and my mouth dropped. He looked fine. In fact, he looked more than fine. His dark suit clung to his body and the top button of his dark shirt was unbuttoned, exposing the top of his tattoos. His fresh cologne lingered in the air in front of me and it didn't smell like death...

This fucker was absolutely fine!

"You're not dead," I said slowly.

"Why would I be dead, Princess?" He grinned.

"You haven't been answering your phone."

He patted his chest and pant pockets before frowning and I raised a brow. "I think I lost it...but what's the big deal? I just saw you yesterday..."

"Yesterday?" I asked in surprise. "It's been three days, Syn."

"What?" He furrowed his brows. "I could've sworn..." He squinted his eyes, taking another sip of his drink and I crossed my arms. Taking my eyes off of him, I looked behind him to see the dark and crowded living room. Music was blasting in the background as they danced and I grimaced at the scene of a naked girl laying on the counter with alcohol being drunk off of her body.

"You're partying right now?" I asked. "It's two p.m."

"Well, it's midnight somewhere in the world," he gave me a sly grin.

"You don't even like parties, Syn..."

"Says who?"

"You," I reminded him. "This isn't your thing."

"Maybe not." He sighed. "But life is a lot better this way." I opened my mouth to say something else, but Stella interrupted and wrapped her arm around his. The worst part was Syn didn't even flinch while she did it. They stood in front of me like some power couple and I wanted to throw the fuck up. I hated that they looked good together. Syn was...Syn and Stella— she was a damn bombshell.

"Queen, it's so nice to see you," she greeted me. "I couldn't help but overhear and I'm so sorry he's been radio silent. I've been keeping him a bit too preoccupied." She giggled. "Would you like to come in?"

I wasn't in the mood to party, but I didn't want to leave without knowing what was going on.

"Umm, sure." I nodded. I stepped into the condo and followed behind Stella and Syn as they headed towards the sitting area. They sat down on a loveseat where Stella made herself comfortable on Syn's lap and I ignored the pain in my chest as I sat across them.

"Are you alright, Queen?" She asked. "You seem a little tense. Relax a bit, we're just all having fun here."

"Right." I nodded slowly. Syn's eyes remained on me as if he was studying me and under a different setting I would've lost my composure, but right now I just wanted to prod his mind and knock some sense into him.

I sat in boredom as everyone socialized. I didn't even bother introducing myself and I knew I was being rude, but the people here weren't people I wanted to know. I was concerned why Syn was even with them in the first place. After a few minutes, Stella waved her hand to get my attention.