12. 𝐼 𝑆𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑅𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠-

April 29, 2023

Queen

I scurried out of the restroom and walked towards Xoe. Her arms were crossed as she was looking around suspiciously and I raised a brow at her. "What's going on?" She jumped at the sound of my voice but when she saw me, she laid a hand over her chest and shook her head.

"You scared the crap out of me."

"Sorry," I said cautiously as I eyed her body language. "Are you okay?"

"Umm, I think so," she said unsurely as she looked around again. "There was just some guy following us."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, he was literally on our asses this entire time."

"I didn't notice," I muttered as I glanced towards the trail. I was usually a lot more on guard. How was it that I didn't notice we were being followed?

"Well good thing you have me." I laughed softly at her comment before shaking my head and sighing. "I told him to leave and I think he did...but he said 'see you around'."

"Damn," I mumbled as I toyed with the necklace around my neck. "Was he at least cute?"

"Queen," she warned.

I shrugged and gave her an innocent look as she began walking back down the trail we came from. I jogged to catch up with her and laughed when she gave me another disappointed look. "What? Maybe I know him."

"Fine, he was pretty handsome." She finally gave in and I smiled in victory. She glanced at me and I urged her to continue, making her sigh once again. "He was like...'break your neck to look at him' tall. I couldn't see much of his face, but his eyes were bright as shit."

I laughed as I kicked a small rock out of the way. "What color were they?"

"Green for sure." Chills ran down my back at her description, but I kept my steady composure and cleared my throat. "Anything else to describe him?" I questioned.

"Not really..." She tapped her chin in thought as she looked up at the dark sky and I waited anxiously. "Oh! It's not an appearance thing, but he said that the only reason he wasn't going to hurt me was because 'of my association' with you."

Syn.

"Do you know him?"

"No, I don't think so." I looked down at my hands as I absentmindedly fiddled with them, and Xoe stopped walking. I stopped walking in turn and faced her to see her hands placed on her hips, looking straight into my eyes. "What?"

"You're lying to me."

"What—"

"Are you with this guy?" She questioned. "It's none of my business, but that's pretty fucked up if you're seeing—"

"It's not official. I'm single."

"So that guy who followed us is what? A fling that's now stalking you?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"He's my ex-husband."

"The one that—" Her words were cut short by heavy footsteps in the distance. The trail was unusually quiet, but the sound of shoes hitting the gravel trail was pronounced. A large man rounded the corner wearing a dark hoodie and sweat pants. Oddly enough, he seemed to be coming straight towards us. "Queen, that's him! That's the guy!"

My brows raised and he almost ran past us until Xoe moved her leg in front of him and he crashed onto the floor with a loud groan. "What the fuck bitch!"