107. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡

Syn

I could hear her screams- making my chest pain as I felt her anguish but she needed to pull through. I tore a part of my shirt— scrunching it into my bloody hand and placing it over the wound I had cut into myself. It hurt, but not to the point where I felt like I was dying. Maybe I was a bit heavy-handed but I was used to the feeling of a blade cutting into my skin— she wasn't. I tried to be gentle though.

I wasn't as affected as she was but I could feel her misery and confusion. I closed my eyes and focused on her. I heard him intrude next- trying his hardest to be me and my jaw clenched in anger.

What happened? Are you okay?

The fucker.

"You're getting blood on me, Princess," I heard him hiss lowly, making me cringe violently. Ew. It was followed by the faucet and my brows scrunched in curiosity. What was a little blood when your girl was practically bleeding out? Either he was completely selfish or blood made him squeamish...maybe both. Either way, I took mental note of it.

"I don't know what happened. I must've accidentally cut myself." I heard her say and my chest ached. Come on, I mentally willed her to figure it out as if I could communicate with her telepathically. When this was over I'd have to look into that. It'd be helpful for times like this.

"With what?" He asked her, I heard small movements and all I could think of was the fact that he might've been touching her- comforting her like I would've done.

If he were truly trying to replicate my actions- he would've done exactly that while on the brink of losing his mind trying to figure out what was going on, but that didn't matter right now. She needed to put together the puzzle pieces right now. She should've seen by now that he wasn't the one that was bleeding- he wasn't me.

"Are you still upset with me?" I heard him ask her. That piqued my interest. Perhaps that was the reason she moved into the other bedroom.

Good. I was suddenly thankful for Queen's tendency to fly off the rails over small things- he probably was stressed out thinking she was going to be an easy victim.

"I just want to be alone tonight. This was an accident— I'm fine."

Oh, please. Tell me you don't believe that, Princess. She was smarter than that. If she was being serious, she'd have me to deal with after this was over.

There was a silence that followed- making my mind fill in the gaps of what could've been happening. None of the scenarios were good.

"At least let me help you back to bed."

Oh, fuck no! There was no goddamn way he was using this trick on her right now. The let me help you to bed was always followed with a short seduction before- boom! Sex. I had done it before— I had probably done it a million times with Queen.

Say no...

She didn't. I heard a grunt from him and a sharp wince from her before footsteps filled my ears and I tensed. I knew the layout of the place like the back of my hand just as I did with most places I stayed in. In two steps...one more— they reached the bed, the faint sound of the mattress being an indication that he set her down and I tensed.

Silence.

He cleared his throat. "Do you want me to stay—"

Fuck no she doesn't.

"No!" She replied.

That was fast, Princess. A little too fast, but good girl.

I heard his footsteps going toward the door and I relaxed a bit before she yelled, "Wait. Where's Paris?"