120. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑖𝑟𝑙

???

That name. The honesty. The drop of the veil as she finally admitted the truth we both knew. It was cathartic. So much so that I couldn't help but just smile at my sweet girl. That ferocity in her would just be, delicious. Just imagining it made my fingers itch to reach for her. Her scent was heavenly. Oh...I could just envision it all.

She looked devastated yet so unwilling to give in. The contrast was one of beauty. If I could capture the image and cherish it forever, I would. But if things went according to plan, I'd get much more than just a picture. I'd get everything. Her mind, soul, breath, body...her heart. As Aiden, I was only able to receive one...just barely, but I figured taking Syn's form would give me access to it all. It didn't. Perhaps this was for the best then. I was getting bored with being another man. I wanted to be my true self. She would accept me, one way or another.

I flexed my fingers and placed them behind my head, watching her drink. Her plump lips reddened with the alcohol and I wondered how it would feel to have them on me, around me. God. She was a temptress of unholy proportions. From the moment I laid eyes on her--when she called out to me, I knew she was the one.

I smiled at her. 'Why now?" I teased. "I thought things were going so well between us."

She laughed at that part before gulping down the wine. She found it funny-- found me, funny.

That made me feel something. I was giddy.

"No matter." I offered her a grin as she looked at me blankly, still so resistant. It was fine though, if I wanted an easy girl, I would've taken one. I preferred a challenge. I wanted to watch the fight leave her eyes as she realized there was no other choice but me. "This works too. I just thought you'd prefer spending your life with a man wearing his face as opposed to the one I wore before. Were you not attracted enough to Aiden to leave Syn?"

She ignored my question. "Who are you?"

I smiled. "No. We are going to do this my way. If you want answers, you'll have to play my game."

"I'm not in the mood for your fucking games," she gritted out.

"You don't have a choice," I said simply, picking up the large butcher knife planted in the steak. 'Either you play, or she dies." I pointed the knife at Lilith, the fucking whore. She was a liability- trying to demand things from me when I was the one in control. I already had what I wanted from her, the spell. She could die now. Things were working out well. I never intended to hold up my side of the bargain anyway.

The life I had in store for Queen and I didn't have any space for her.

Queen would thank me one day.

I twisted the knife in my hand, the silver blade twinkling. What's your next move? I eyed her, curious as ever. Would she care? Would she fight me?

I hoped she would fight me.

I wasn't ready for her to give in just yet. I'd only be ready for then when I was completely satisfied that I had destroyed everything that made her whole. Leaving her with only me. I wanted her shattered, with only me able to restore her and mold her into something perfect. She didn't realize it, but she was flawed beyond reason. Women never realized it.