127. 𝑈𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑

Syn

I couldn't describe the amount of pain my body was going through. It wasn't the worst, but as the moments passed, it was getting there. I could feel myself slipping at times. My mind just wanted to shut off and give into the sleep I was so desperately craving, but I couldn't leave her.

None of that pain, however, compared to the violent shudder that ran through my body as I heard the word 'sex'.

Directed at Queen.

I trusted her. I knew her. I was positive she didn't do anything with him-- at least not when he wasn't Aiden. I had come to terms with that part. We weren't together.

The way he spoke about it now made it sound like the time he was referring to preceded that.

Her silence didn't help calm my nerves. Was there a time before?

"Tell him." He pushed her. "If you don't, I will. And you won't like the way I explain it, sweetheart."

Sweetheart suddenly became another pet name I crossed off the list because of him. Even Princess was at fucking risk because of the fucker.

I heard Queen clear her throat and I stayed silent, prepared to hear the worst.

"When I was with Dimitri..." her soft voice started and I froze. Anywhere his name was concerned or mentioned was a bad story. He absolutely destroyed her. "When he started...you know..."

"Maybe he doesn't know," Aiden pushed and fury infiltrated every fibre in me.

I knew her intention. I wasn't a fucking idiot. Queen hated the word and I did too, along with everything that came with it.

"You should be more clear with your words," he told her.

"When he started raping me," she said flatly. "It happened more than once. More times than I can count or want to remember--"

"Stop talking" I gritted out. Not because I didn't want her to tell me, but because this wasn't the time nor the place. She was being forced. She wasn't ready.

I wanted her to talk to me about it because she was ready to stop carrying the weight of what happened alone.

Because she wanted to.

Even if she never told me I'd be fine with it. I didn't own the rights to that memory and neither did he.

She wouldn't say another word. I knew he wouldn't lay a hand on her. That was why he blocked our connection before torturing me. The only thing he could hold over her was me and I was fine with whatever punches or kicks he would throw. I'd lay my life down on the line before I allowed another choice to ever be taken from her.

"Is your pride hurt already? We're just getting started." He laughed. "Queen, continue."

"Don't," I said it again. My voice was more stern than before.

I heard him stand and walk around me. He fisted my hair, forcing my head up as he pressed the blade against my neck. "Do you need more motivation, Queen? Speak."

"Let him do it," I said. "He will do it anyway. Don't share on my behalf, Princess. I'll survive."

He pressed the tip of the blade into my neck and I winced- a sound I so desperately wanted to fight because I knew it would make her-- "I thought it was Dimitri- well Sebastian, the entire time," her voice lacked it's usual depth as she continued, "but he- I guess he was Dimitri a couple of...I'm not sure how many times."

My entire body went still. She couldn't be telling me that. "He..." I said, needed clarification. Urgently. I didn't want to press, but I had to know what she meant by he. Because I had mutilated every person who so much as touched her against her will. Was there a stray? Was it him?