141. 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝑾𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏

Queen

I rocked on my heels, clutching my purse to me as if it were going to be snatched from me any second from now. Syn's black card weighed heavy in my bag as I waited for Paris. Generally, I would be through the roof to go shopping, especially with someone else's money, but I couldn't muster it up. As good company as Paris was, the person I wanted to go with was Syn.

If he wasn't so busy, I would've asked him.

From the moment he handed me his card, he had been on the phone. Even now as I waited in the bedroom, he was on call with somebody. A rather futile call, it seemed.

"Do you want to die?" I heard him ask someone as he stormed out of the closet. His deep voice flat, leaving no room for any humor at all. He passed me and I got a whiff of his cologne. My legs almost went weak at that alone, but he absentmindedly reached out and steadied me.

He lowered his phone to his chest and I could hear the other man on the phone screaming. His fingers remained loosely around my arm as he looked at me with concerned eyes. "Are you alright? Did I scare you?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

He nodded, lifting his phone back to his ear. "I'll lower my voice," he whispered and I smiled. I should've been frightened, any other reaction except being aroused probably would've been acceptable, but I liked seeing him in his element.

He let go of me, returning his attention back to the man and I cleared my throat. "Enough. You're dead. Tell me where you are," I heard him grit out and I chuckled. He looked over his shoulder at me and I held up a thumbs up. He looked me up and down, speaking into the phone before taking a few steps toward me. "I suggest you say goodbye to your family, Milton."

He hung up the call and pushed his cell into his pocket. "Something funny to you?" He took a few steps toward me.

I shook my head, biting the inside of my cheek. "No, not at all."

"I'll have you know...I terrify people." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

I moved my arms to his shoulders. "I'm sure you do."

He smiled at my words, rubbing soothing circles into my back before looking at me closely. "Are you sure you're up for today?"

"The shopping or the dinner?"

"Both," he replied. "If you don't want to go and just want to stay in bed all day, that's okay. If you ask nice enough, I can say fuck it all and stay with you."

"It's okay. I should go out a little anyway. I just wish—"

A knocking at the door interrupted, but Syn still hadn't let go. "You wish what?"

I glanced at the door and looked back at him. "That you weren't working so you could come with me," I admitted to him before giving him a quick peck on his lips and pulling away. "That's probably Paris. I'll see you later?"

He smiled, giving me a nod as his fingers lingered on mine.

With that, I turned on my heel and headed to the door. When I swung it open, Paris was standing on the opposite wall, arms crossed. "I'm going to need a raise for this shit."

"Hi to you too."

"Can we go?"

꧁꧂

I held the cup of ice cream in my hands and looked up at the tall building. It was at least five stories high— all glass and steel. It sparkled in the sunlight- shimmering, like a beacon in the middle of Juva's busy streets. The red velvet curtains in the windows were parted, displaying the inside of the boutique and my mouth dropped. This place was the modicum of luxury and beauty. Everything about it was flawless. As if that wasn't enough, in big bold gold coloring, the sign read "Sin".