115. 𝐿𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡

Queen

"Queen," I heard him call from inside and I held the phone tightly in my hand, sliding it behind my back as I stood up and walked back into the room. "What are you doing?"

I waved a hand and glanced back at the balcony. "I just needed some air."

"What did I say about going outside?" He snapped, walking past me. I moved out of the way, still concealing the phone as I watched him. "There is a danger..." he slammed the door. There sure is. "...and you are being reckless." He locked it before pulling the blinds and turning toward me. "I can't be the only one here who cares, Queen. You need to work with me."

"Sorry," I muttered.

"I know you're mad at me." He took a step toward me and I resisted the urge to take one back. "I get it- I've been on edge. But you need to let it go...for your own safety." A shiver ran down my spine as our eyes met but his drifted down further. "What's behind your back?"

"Hm?" I blinked.

"Your arms," he said, taking another daunting step forward. "They've been behind your back since you've come inside. Show me."

"There is nothing to show."

He sighed before grabbing my arm and tugging it toward him. When his eyes landed on my empty hand he scrunched his brows before doing the same to the other arm. Haha, bitch. I acted scared, intentionally shivering against him and his eyes softened.

That was a spell Lucifer taught me a long time ago. It was probably one of the first spells I learned. I could change the location of an object, but I was out of practice and it wasn't far enough. It was out of my hands but if he just glanced at the dresser a few feet away from us, he'd see it laying there- face up and screen on.

I cleared my throat, moving my eyes back to him. "You don't trust me."

"No." He shook his head, bringing his mouth to my hands and letting out a deep breath as he closed his eyes. "It's not that. I'm sorry."

I forced a smile and gingerly pulled my hands out of his grasp. "It's okay."

He let out a relaxed breath and grabbed my waist, pulling me flush against him and I froze. "What can I do to earn your forgiveness?" He whispered, his head dipping closer to mine and his breath fanning my cheek. "Tell me."

"Erm." I cleared my throat, placing my palms against his chest as I leaned back to look up at him. "You've earned it," I said quickly. "Maybe we should go check on my mother—"

"I don't see your mother as the type of woman that needs to be checked on...in any form of the word," he said lowly. "That's a trait I wish was passed on to you, hmm—" I pushed him away, but he didn't move a muscle. "Don't do that shit again. Your mother is here so I'm behaving myself, but you've been testing my patience these past few days," he whispered harshly. "Do remember that she will be leaving- and it's up to you when. Keep giving me problems and she's gone...it'll just be me and you and I promise you that you don't want that right now. Behave."

There it is.

I knew I was wearing his patience thin, but I didn't expect him to snap so easily. It was disappointing. Especially considering how "good" of a job he had been doing...I laughed out loud at that one and he glared at me as I covered my mouth. "No, no, I'm not laughing at you." I giggled. "It's just that...no, nothing. Never mind."

"What?" He seethed.

"I could destroy you." I tilted my head up at him. "Let go."

His arms immediately dropped to his sides, shock filling his features and I let out a deep exhale. "Don't move a muscle." I could make him get on his knees and easily slit his throat, but I promised Syn one more day. I intended to keep my word so I resigned myself to crossing my arms and looking at him.