95. 𝑇𝘩𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑑

Queen

Freshly showered, I pulled one of Syn's long sleeve shirts over my head and let it fall down my thighs before slipping into a pair of his sweats. I had plenty of my clothes but I preferred his, they smelled just like him and it was the closest I could get to being in his fucking skin. It was weird, but I had never been addicted to a smell like I was to his.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sound of Syn's voice, dropping the sleeve of his shirt from my nose.

"Uh, nothing," I replied quickly, clasping my hands together behind my back and giving him an innocent smile. My smile faltered slightly as I took in the sight of him. His dark sweats hung low on his sculpted body, blood staining them along with his naked chest. It didn't take a genius to figure out that it wasn't his blood. He wiped his blood-stained fingers with a paper towel, leaning against the door frame as he eyed me suspiciously.

"Mm, it looked like you were sniffing my shirt."

"I would never do that. That's weird."

He leaned off the wall and walked into the room. "Very weird," he agreed. "But you're a weirdo, so it makes sense."

"I'm not a weirdo." I crossed my arms. "I just like your soap."

He smiled. "But you're not smelling the soap, you're smelling the shirt that I just wore yesterday."

"Let me live."

"And you say I'm the obsessed one," he teased me, raising a brow. "You just like the smell of me and I don't blame you. Someone needs to capture my essence, bottle it, and sell it."

"I'm not okay with people buying your essence," I shot back. "What does that even mean?" He ignored my question, smiling down at me before kissing the tip of my nose.

"Shower with me," he said, the words sounding more like a command than a request as he looked down at me.

I shook my head. "I just showered," I said, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Sure, but not with me so does it really count?" He asked.

"Mmm, yes." I nodded. "My new body wash says it counts. Smell me." I lifted my neck and leaned into it, sniffing me before pulling back and nodding in agreement.

"I like it."

"Rightttt," I dragged. "It came in a set. So I have the scent in body lotion form, body oils, hand soap—" I stopped when I noticed his one too many nods and slow-spread smile. "You don't care."

"I care if you care, Princess." He laughed softly. "And I'm smiling because only you would talk about soaps and body oils while I'm covered in someone else's blood. There was a time you would've been horrified by this but now you barely even look twice at it. Have I desensitized you to these things?"

"Yes, you have." I nodded. "In fact, I'm more terrified when you show up not covered in someone's blood."

"I like that," he said. "Now, as much as I appreciate your scents and shit, I like showering with you more- I'll even help you put it all back on. Now, do you want to walk to the bathroom yourself or do I need to carry you?"