☆ 6.20 ~ angel baby

it's just like heaven being here with you dear
i could never stay the way without you near
because o love you, i love you, i do
angel baby, my angel baby

10 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: will you be reading the "sequel"?

Lydia groaned as she pushed her hands against the soft cushion underneath her, helping her sit up on the couch that she was currently sitting on. The one that she must've passed out on last night. Her head had been pounding and she felt weak, but once she sat up and blinked a few times, getting used to the bright light of the sun that shone through the window, she began to feel much better thanks to her vampire healing.

She looked around the room and noticed Bonnie passed out on the couch across from her while Rae was curled up on the chair next to it. Lydia didn't see Caroline or Elena anywhere. She figured they had either went to their rooms or were up and were in some other part of the apartment.

Lydia stood up from the couch, heading towards the kitchen to get some blood. Her and Caroline had picked some up before they went out the previous night and kept it in the fridge. Usually Lydia had a separate fridge for it, but seeing as the only people who were here weren't human, she figured she'd just keep it in the main fridge.

As Lydia approached the kitchen, she could hear low whispers coming from inside, but she didn't think about that. Since being a psychic was often overwhelming, she tried her best to drown out any unnecessary noise. It did mean she had to dull her vampire senses a bit, but it was better than being able to feel everything that everyone around her was feeling.

Once Lydia entered the kitchen, she saw Caroline and Elena who stopped talking once they saw her. Elena's back had been turned to her, but she shifted to look at her.

"Lydia, good morning," Caroline greeted with a smile.

Lydia squinted her eyes at the two older vampires in front of her."What are you two hiding?"

"What? Nothing," Elena quickly answered. She turned to face the fridge and opened it, pulling out a blood bag and handing it to her."You should drink."

Lydia accepted the blood bag and opened it to take a sip. She was too hungry to keep thinking about their suspicious behaviour, and by the time she was no longer distracted, Rae came and joined them in the kitchen.

"Hmm, Caroline your phone has been ringing," Rae told her, handing her the cellphone that was currently ringing.

Caroline quickly accepted her phone from Rae and answered the call, moving past Elena and Rae to head out into the hallway to take the call. Just as she was leaving, Alyssa came into the kitchen as well.

"Do you guys think giving our blood to Bonnie will help her?" Alyssa asked, heading towards the fridge and opening it up to take out a blood bag, handing one to Rae as well."She's the only one of us that's going to have a nasty hangover."

"I'll ask her when she wakes up," Elena answered and nodded her head, though she wasn't sure vampire blood even worked on hangovers.

"What time do you have to leave, Lydia?" Rae asked, changing the subject.

"Not until later," Lydia answered. She had already headed to the office to take care of a few logistical problems the day before. Now all that was left was the pop up show to display the new items and most likely a party afterwards."Then I'll head back home."

"Going back home after staying in this place is going to suck," Alyssa half-joked, looking out at the view of the city through the windows which took up the entire width of the kitchen."Why don't you and Kol just stay here?"