☆ 3.8 ~ dream

we all are living in a dream
but life ain't what it seems oh, everything's a mess
and all these sorrows i have seen
they lead me to believe that everything's a mess
~ imagine dragons, dream

we all are living in a dreambut life ain't what it seems oh, everything's a messand all these sorrows i have seenthey lead me to believe that everything's a mess~ imagine dragons, dream

Ever since Kol awoke in the Mystic Grill, his life had been odd. Even more so than usual. It started with coming into a new and modern time filled with inventions he had never seen before. He was then told that he lost seven months of memories in which he reconnected with his family and fell in love with a woman who was the exact opposite of him personality wise. Yet nothing confused Kol more than seeing Lydia scream and sob over a box that had the inside coated in blood.

At first he thought the scream was an initial reaction to the blood. Yes Lydia was a vampire, but she was still squeamish around things like blood, especially if she wasn't drinking it, but Lydia seemed terrified. Her scream shattered the glass windows and took out the lights on the street which Kol knew was her losing control of her psychic abilities. Despite not seeing anything, Kol was quick to comfort the sobbing woman, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her against his chest. When the glass broke, he was quick to shield her from it as well even though she would be fine. He took a few hits himself, but it healed quickly.

He didn't want to tell Lydia that there was nothing there because maybe it meant something to her. Maybe Silas had used a mind trick to make only Lydia see what was there. So he just held her for a good few minutes before she pulled away from him and flashed into the house, locking herself in one of the guest bedrooms.

Left completely baffled, Kol called Elijah for help who arrived almost instantly. The two of them currently stood out by the front door with Kol leaning against the door frame as Elijah examined the box.

"Do you see anything?" Kol questioned, growing impatient since Elijah had been quiet for a few minutes.

Elijah shook his head slowly."Not a single thing other then this blood. Are you sure nothing fell out or faded? Magic perhaps?"

"Silas does not have his powers, he lost it when he became immortal," Kol shook his head."And Lydia's reaction was real. She broke down in tears and when that woman is upset she is. . . Strong. Have you not noticed that there is not a single light on this street and the windows are missing?"

Kol shook his head,"No. I was there when she opened it. Lydia screamed and broke down in tears." Kol's eyes saddened at the thought of her being so upset."When she's upset...she's strong. Lights, glass, they both broke. But there was nothing there in that box. And who would use magic to mess with her?"

"If he is also psychic perhaps he got inside Lydia's mind and-" Elijah thought out loud.

"And caused her to see something that was not there," Kol concluded."But what would he have her see?"

"Did you not ask her what he saw?" Elijah frowned, wondering why Kol hadn't done the obvious.

Kol sighed."I tried, but she could not even speak. She has been in her room since I called you. I do believe that it is connected to Silas somehow. Earlier in the day he confronted her and spoke of how he did not know how to get her to help. Maybe this was a method to motivate him."