☆ 6.19 ~ it's a girl's trip, obviously

sorry i could not find a single song that matched this chapter and figured you would all prefer i update instead of having a song title.

question of the chapter: out of curiosity, has anyone ever looked up and listened to any of the songs i've used throughout this story in the playlists/chapter names?

Lydia stared at her reflection in the mirror, turning around and peering back to get a good look at herself from behind. With a satisfied smile, she turned back to look at the front once again. She had been working on the lingerie line for what felt like forever, and she was glad that it was almost over with. All that was left was to head back to her main office in New York to prepare for the launch. She would be leaving in a few hours with Rae. The plan was to make a girls trip out of it since Lydia would be heading off with Kol in a week once they got married. They wouldn't be spending as much time together.

"Angel, I might need you to pinch me, I believe I'm still dreaming," Lydia heard Kol comment from behind her, causing her to laugh as she turned to face him. He had been sleeping as Lydia was testing the final products one last time before she headed out. It was still early in the morning.

She heard Kol shift out of the bed, getting up and making his way towards her. Next thing she knew, a pair of arms had wrapped around her waist and her back was pressed against Kol's chest.

"You look ravishing," He mumbled, placing a kiss against her cheek.

"Thank you," Lydia smiled, pulling away from Kol and turning to face him."But this isn't for fun. It's for work."

"Ah, after all this time with me you should know by now that I can make anything be for fun," Kol reminded her.

"You can, but not this," She nodded her head once."I have to leave in like an hour. Which means I have to get this done."

"This is torture," Kol groaned, throwing his head back and sighing dramatically.

Lydia held back a laugh as she wrapped her hands around Kol's head, getting him to look at her again. She stood up on her toes and leaned in closer towards him."Well, if you behave and let me finish, then maybe I'll make time for you before I go."

"This will be the most difficult thing I have ever done," Kol huffed in annoyance.

"I thought you liked challenges," Lydia teased him.

"Not ones that test my patience," He confirmed, sitting back down on the edge of the bed.

Lydia just laughed and shook her head, turning her attention back to the mirror. She didn't see anything wrong with what she was wearing. She figured she would proceed with it and it was time to change into the next one. But just as she began to take it off, the door to their room burst open.

"Lydia, will you please get your fox-" Klaus began to raise his voice, but he stopped his demand when his eyes fell on Lydia."Oh my. Am I interrupting something?"

"Unfortunately, there's nothing to interrupt," Kol grumbled, falling back onto his bed and sighing.

"Ignore him, why are you complaining about my pet?" Lydia inquired, crossing her arms in front of her chest."You know you're watching him, right?"

"I am not watching that insufferable spoiled little brat!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Seems like you two have a lot in common," Lydia joked, grabbing the clothes that she needed and heading over to the bathroom. She was close with Klaus, but not close enough to change in front of him.

"Your fiancé should be the one-" Klaus began, but Lydia cut him off.

"You two have a special bond," Lydia said to him before she slipped into the bathroom and closed the door behind her."Do foxes and wolves get along? They seem like the cats and dogs of the forest. Or would that be wolves and lions? But do lions and wolves ever even meet in the wild?"