☆ 1.4 ~ you'll be okay

torn and lost once again you start to believe it won't end and still, you're alone with the fear that you're forever unknown you cannot understand why you're always the one that gets hurt and life is unfair but it pulls you back in when you're almost gone
~ michael schulte, you'll be okay

torn and lost once again you start to believe it won't end and still, you're alone with the fear that you're forever unknown you cannot understand why you're always the one that gets hurt and life is unfair but it pulls you back in when you're alm...

If there was one thing in this world that Lydia didn't understand, it was the idea that after crying, one has the best sleep of their lives. Lydia always heard people talking about it, but she never agreed. When she would cry, she woke up with a nasty headache and her eyes were red and burning from all the tears. She didn't even feel like she could get out of bed, her whole body felt weak. It didn't help that the second she woke up, she was hit by all the memories of what happened yesterday. From her fight with Jace and Rae to her being comforted by Kol and to Elena telling her that she could never see him again. All of it came rushing back and it only seemed to make her headache worse.

She sat up in her spot for a few moments, stretching a bit before grabbing her phone from her nightstand it. Just like she assumed, there were multiple messages from Jace, apologizing and asking if they could meet. But she just ignored it, not answering at all. Luckily for her, it was Sunday and she didn't have to go to school or go anywhere. She was looking forward to spending a relaxing day alone.

When she stood up from her bed, she head a quiet knock at the door. Knowing who it was, Lydia just told Elena to come in, watching as she pushed open the door.

"You can save the lecture, Elena," Lydia responded coldly."My head hurts, I'm not in the mood."

"Just a headache?" Elena raised her eyebrows, looking at her sister worriedly."You don't look that great? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

Lydia glanced at her reflection in the mirror above her dresser, noticing her tangled hair, red, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. She did look sick, but she knew it was just from a night of crying. She would be fine in a few hours."No. I'm fine, don't worry about it."

"I- I have to step out," Elena told her, almost sounding regretful."But if you want me to stay I can."

"No," Lydia shook her head."I'm probably just gonna try to get some school work done and take a nap or something."

"Okay, well, call me if something changes," Elena told her, giving her a small smile before stepping out the door and closing it behind her. Lydia stayed in her room for a few minutes, changing into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt since she had just fallen asleep in her clothes from last night. Once she was done, she headed downstairs to the kitchen and hoped to make something to eat. She wasn't a big breakfast person and it didn't help that she felt a little ill so she settled for an apple.

Now Lydia wasn't an amazing cook, she knew the basics. Like how to boil an egg or pasta. Lydia would be able to cook for herself if she had to, but she wasn't a five star chef. Since Lydia didn't feel up to cooking she decided to grab an apple that laid in a bowl on the kitchen table. She wasn't a big breakfast eater, so hopefully that would keep her till lunch.