☆ 5.27 ~ i don't care

used to cry 'bout some crazy shit before
i used to feel so obligated to be so much more
i used to let some people tell me how to live and what to be but if i can't be me, then what's the point
~ ariana grande, i don't care

used to cry 'bout some crazy shit beforei used to feel so obligated to be so much morei used to let some people tell me how to live and what to be but if i can't be me, then what's the point~ ariana grande, i don't care

25 comments until next chapter.
question of the chapter: would you rather be a witch vampire or werewolf?

Lydia didn't believe Stefan when he said that she had turned a bit into a snob. But she would agree, only slightly, that she became accustomed to a certain lifestyle due to the Mikaelsons. After she left the Gilbert family home, Kol and her went on vacation, only staying in the finest hotels since Kol wouldn't accept anything less. When she returned to Mystic Falls, she stayed in the Mikaelson Manor. Then she left with Silas, who seemed to agree with Kol's stance on hotels. Shortly after she returned to Mystic Falls, she moved to her apartment in New York City.

Now as she looked for a place to stay with Rae, she realized that there was a little bit of truth to Stefan's words. Price wasn't an issue, Lydia and Rae both had jobs, with much of Lydia's income coming from her company, and even if they didn't, they could compel themselves into whatever home they wanted. But the houses located between the college and the culinary school weren't exactly the best. Which they were learning. The first house they saw had a terribly small kitchen, and for someone in culinary school, that wasn't ideal. The second had even smaller bathrooms, which neither wanted. And the third, Rae spotted a rat, and was instantly out the door. The fourth, Lydia learned that the house previously had bats.

"I think the fifth will be a perfect fit," Rae announced as they walked up along the cobblestone path to the house, after passing through the white picket fence.

"It looks like we're going to settle down, have three kids, and two golden retrievers, and sit on the porch and grow old," Lydia commented, causing Rae to laugh a bit. It reminded Lydia of the house she grew up in, which she already didn't like. Something about it was so perfect, from the outside at least. It was located within walking distance from the school, Rae would have a short ten minute drive. There were other students living in the area, and Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie were just down the street.

"You love golden retrievers," Rae reminded her, watching as Lydia shrugged."Did the realtor say the door would be unlocked?"

"Uh, no, she sent a code to use on the lock thingy," Lydia pulled out her phone to open up the message as they walked up the wooden porch. She grabbed the lock and pushed open the door once she put the code in, letting Rae step inside the house first before she followed. The first thing that popped into her mind was that the house reminded her exactly of the one she grew up in in the inside too. The wooden staircase was to the right, with the living room to the left, and the kitchen straight ahead.

"Lovely, I feel like I just stepped into a time machine," Lydia mumbled beneath her breath. She was relieved that whoever did live here had packed up all of their stuff. She had a feeling that if she saw the remanence of a family home, it might feel a little too familiar for her liking.