☆ 3.1 ~ ghost

my ghost where'd you go?
i can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
my ghost where'd you go?
what happened to the soul you used to be?
~ halsey, ghost

my ghost where'd you go?i can't find you in the body sleeping next to memy ghost where'd you go?what happened to the soul you used to be?~ halsey, ghost

It felt like the entire world had stopped moving for Lydia. Everything froze, everything was quiet as Lydia stared up into the eyes of the person she loved more than anything. The eyes that she looked into just a few hours ago that reflected nothing but the returned love he had for her. Yet when she looked into them now, she knew. She couldn't deny it. She couldn't say he was playing a trick on her or she didn't hear him clearly. She looked into his eyes and she didn't recognize him. She most certainly didn't see any love. He didn't know her.

Lydia didn't struggle underneath him, she didn't try to escape his grasp. Instead she just laid there which must've confused Kol. He loosened his grip around her neck a bit as Lydia bit down on her bottom lip.

"D-do you really not know who I am?" Lydia's voice cracked as she spoke. She knew he didn't, but she hoped she would be proven wrong.

Kol tilted his head to the side and shook it."I am certain I would remember a pretty girl like yourself."

Lydia closed her eyes as a small sigh escaped her lips. This was Silas' doing. This was how he intended to punish and break her. And Lydia would be lying if she said it wasn't working.

"Now, I have a better question," Kol continued, his eyes darkening as he leaned closer to her making Lydia feel uncomfortable. It wasn't because of how close he was. Kol had been this close before, but that was her Kol. The Kol who knew who she was and would never harm her."Who the bloody hell are you?"

Lydia swallowed tightly, trying to figure out some way to answer his question but she didn't know what to say. If Kol had all his memories up until the moment he met her, he would have been daggered for a century. It was impossible for him to know her.

"Did Niklaus send you?" Kol asked before Lydia could answer, giving Lydia a way to figure out a lie somehow.

"Yes. . . He wanted me to be here when you were undaggered so I could take you to your family," Lydia explained nervously, trying to make it sound true."I'm a friend of your family. . . He had to leave before you awoke."

Kol raised his eyebrows before he began to chuckle and shake his head."Has anyone ever told you that you are an awful liar, pretty girl?"

Lydia sighed and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She was hoping that one of the benefits of Kol not knowing her was that he wouldn't know when she was lying."L-let's just get you back to your family. Can you, um, get off me now?"

Kol shrugged his shoulders, pulling himself off her and grabbing her hand and helping her up as well."I suppose my manners are somewhat rusty after not using them for who knows how many years. Care to tell me your name or shall I continue to call you pretty girl?"