☆ 2.15 ~ circles

TW: mentions of past rape
cause i'm scared
of all that i don't know
cause i want it all but all of it ain't gold
~ eden, circles

TW: mentions of past rape cause i'm scaredof all that i don't knowcause i want it all but all of it ain't gold~ eden, circles

There was one thing that Lydia longed for her whole life. She desired to feel grounded, to not have to worry about what was going to happen the next day. She was an anxious person and the circumstances she faced in life did not help her achieve what she wanted. Lydia dreamt for stability and though it took nineteen years, she finally got it. The past few weeks were easily the best time in her life that she had in a while. She focused on developing her skills as both a vampire and as a psychic. Luckily, Kol was able to help with both. After learning what she was, Kol made it his mission to learn all that he could on psychics and share it with Lydia. Of course she had learned some things from Elvira as well and was able to have full control over some skills such as telekinesis only she kept referring to it as "the force". The only other thing she had learned was pyrokinesis which she may or may not have figured out while roasting marshmallows.

It helped that it was now her favourite time of the year. The springtime was always so filled with hope and promise to Lydia. The blooming of flowers, the sunny skies that would appear after the rain and bring warmth. Not too hot, not too cold. Spring was definitely Lydia's most loved season.

There was one small issue, however. Lydia didn't have control on her ability to predictions. According to Kol, it was the hardest thing to master and most psychics didn't even posses that skill, but Lydia did which meant that she was stronger than most. The issue was that Lydia had begun to have strange dreams again, only she didn't remember them. Once every few nights, she would wake up around four and her heart would be racing, she would feel like she just broke out of a chance, but she had no memory of the dream. Lydia wondered if it was just nightmares, something she had ever since she was a child and while she wasn't too worried, she still remained alert.

This morning, however, Lydia knew something was about to change. She couldn't explain it, but when she woke up there was something that felt off. But that didn't stop her from continuing with her morning routine. Once she awoke, she kissed Kol on his cheek while he slept and hopped into the shower before getting dressed and joining Rebekah for breakfast. She had grown a bit closer with the Mikaelsons in the past few weeks. Elijah was still a bit hostile to her which she didn't quite understand why because it wasn't like she asked Kol to risk his life for her. He came and went without telling anyone where he was. Rebekah treated her like a sister which was something Lydia wasn't used to and hadn't had in a while, but she accepted it. Her relationship with Klaus was still somewhat tense, but better too. Lydia didn't think they would ever be friends, but she could tolerate him.

Lydia couldn't help but notice that Kol was beginning to get closer to his family as well. It was part of the reason she didn't want to leave Mystic Falls. Lydia knew that if she asked Kol leave they would and even though Lydia wanted to, she didn't want Kol to lose this chance at reconnecting with his family. Lydia also was getting her life back on track. She returned to school, hoping to finish out the last semester of her senior year. A few days ago she received her first acceptance letter to college and a few more came after that, putting that option back on the table.