☆ 2.18 ~ when the darkness comes

i'll be here waiting hoping, praying that
this light will guide you home
when you're feeling lost i'll leave my love
hidden in the sun for when the darkness comes
~ colbie caillat, when the darkness comes

When Lydia's eyes fluttered open, she was greeted by the sight of a soft blue sky with a few clouds that she could see when she looked past the many bright green leaves that were attached to the branches

When Lydia's eyes fluttered open, she was greeted by the sight of a soft blue sky with a few clouds that she could see when she looked past the many bright green leaves that were attached to the branches. There was a bit of wind that blew through the air, brushing against Lydia's skin but it was warm and comforting, something that the island Lydia was on didn't have at that time of the year. She slowly pulled herself off of the ground, hearing her name being called from beside her. She to her side, coming face to face with Stefan. Instantly, the memories of earlier returned. The tomb. Silas. Katherine. . . What happened after her neck was snapped? They had to have woken up Silas, but how?

"Lydia, you can relax, you're safe here," Stefan told her, placing a hand on her shoulder gently.

"Stefan?" Lydia's voice cracked as she spoke."What happened?"

Stefan sent her a sympathetic glance, sighing before he spoke."After Katherine snapped your neck, she used Jeremy to wake Silas and get the cure. I'm sorry. . . He died."

Lydia's lips parted as tears rose to her eyes, but she didn't get a chance to react or process what happened before Stefan continued to speak, telling her something that captured her attention and confused her.

"He doesn't have to stay dead," Stefan told her, sounding rather confident that what he was saying was true."We can bring Jeremy back. Together."

Lydia opened her mouth to respond, not understanding what Stefan was telling her but he cut her off before she was able to say anything else.

"This isn't the best place to have this conversation," Stefan told her, moving his hand to Lydia's cheeks and cupping it gently which made Lydia stiffen in her spot."I'll be in touch."

Lydia shot up in her spot, taking a deep breath as she raised her hand to her heart, feeling it pound against her chest which was the only thing she could focus on. She didn't even feel a pair of hands on her shoulders and she didn't see the face of her boyfriend until he was sitting down on the edge of their bed and he was right in front of her. At first, Lydia thought it wasn't real because the last thing that she remembered was falling to the ground after her neck was snapped. How was he here? She should have still been on the island but as she looked around, it became quite clear to her that she was in Kol's bedroom.

"Lydia, darling," Kol spoke to her gently, placing his hand on her cheek and guiding her to look at him, noticing that she was a bit confused and he hoped that looking at him would calm her down. And it did.

Lydia's breath slowed a bit as well as her heart while she rose her hand to Kol's placing hers on top of his and keeping it pressed against her cheek."Kol? H-how did I get here?"